Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?

AlaskanTigersFan

Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL, who do you want to replace him.......?

• Matt Cambell
    • Matt Rhule
    • Josh Gattis
    • Mike Macdonald
    • Mike Hart
    • Other (Please specify in comments)

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I’m mad at myself for falling for NFL sources. I don’t know what changed, but it’s clear all the “he’s going to sign with the Vikings” rumors were released by Vikings.

Nothing about this entire process has been clear.   

If he just wanted the feeling of being courted and wined and dined again I suppose I get it, until now the last few years were the first time in his coaching career where he really wasn't getting that experience. I just hope it didn't/ doesn't cost us any recruits this year or in the future. 

So the married boss turning 40 in the spring has been flirting at the office for weeks.  Finally worked up nerve to take his young secretary away on overnight trip. Checked in to the hotel, went up to the room, she was in the bathroom getting herself more comfortable. But by time she came out in lingerie he had already bolted down to the lobby and out the door to the airport. Took the next flight home and asked his wife to overlook his silliness 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

HaHaHaHa

If I'm Warde Manuel do I even bother putting more $$ on the table at this point? Maybe MI is elated because Harbaugh just maneuvered himself right out of a big payday from MI.

i'm sure the same contract will be on the table.  

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah, riiiight. Or until the next breeze blows in his ear from across a field with narrow hashmarks....

Yeah for sure. It totally reeks of the cheating spouse that got dumped by their side piece and their spouse found out about the whole thing. "I swear I won't cheat again, I'll be faithful to you forever if you take me back."

1 hour ago, buddha said:

i'm sure the same contract will be on the table.  

IDK, I'm not so sure the U is above playing hardball with him again given what they did in 2020. What's he going to do now if he doesn't like the package? How upset do you get if a coach who has just seriously damaged his recruiting credibility - his job 1 - walks away?

And of course the best irony is that if Bo were AD right now he'd probably be firing our later day Bo Jr's asz for the disloyalty! :classic_laugh:

Edited by gehringer_2

Speaking of recruiting with signing day over Michigan finished 8th, 9th and 9th on ESPN, 247 and Rivals respectively and 3rd in the B1G in all 3 behind of course OSU and PSU. If he really was telling recruits he had a strong interest in the NFL like Will Johnson's father said he was telling them it makes you wonder if we could've ended up with an even stronger class if none of this happened. I'm sure at the very least it wouldn't have been any worse. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/mitch-albom/2022/02/04/mitch-albom-jim-harbaugh-michigan-football-nfl-minnesota-vikings/6645110001/

“There was a tugging at me that I was once that close to a Super Bowl and I didn’t get it. Some NFL jobs came open. I was contacted by the (Minnesota) Vikings.

“For better or for worse, it was something I wanted to explore. I went in thinking, ‘I’m gonna have 100 percent conviction on this, and if they (Minnesota) have 100 percent conviction on this, then it’s something I’m gonna do.”

But like many a job interview, somewhere in the process, he got a sinking feeling. It was all good. “A first-class operation,” he said. “First-class people.” But there wasn’t an equal match of enthusiasm. And for a man whose catch phrase is “an enthusiasm unknown to mankind” — well, that stuff matters.

Edited by lordstanley