Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?

AlaskanTigersFan

Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL, who do you want to replace him.......?

• Matt Cambell
    • Matt Rhule
    • Josh Gattis
    • Mike Macdonald
    • Mike Hart
    • Other (Please specify in comments)

I think it would internal, even if they’re not currently on the coaching staff (i.e., it would be someone the UM Athletic Department knows well). It would not be a Campbell/Fickell/(insert rising MAC coach here).

It may be completely out of left field, like Juwan was. Mike Hart falls into that category a bit, but I think there are others who would be on their radar as well who may not be on any of ours.

Jay Harbaugh? 🤔 

8 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Freaking John Harbaugh stealing from his brother! Seriously though could that be a sign that Jim is indeed gone or is football just that ruthless? I imagine it may be both. 

or maybe that's why harbaugh hired elston, cause he knew macdonald was leaving?

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

he was at ND.  got a lot of top defensive tackles.  there's a 5* commit there right now who he should be calling...

If you mean Jaylen Sneed, he's a LB. But still, it does list Elston as one of his main recruiters. He also goes to school 5 miles from where I'm at as I'm also on Hilton Head Island. I should go see this kid.....

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

2 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

If you mean Jaylen Sneed, he's a LB. But still, it does list Elston as one of his main recruiters. He also goes to school 5 miles from where I'm at as I'm also on Hilton Head Island. I should go see this kid.....

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

keyon keeley and brennan vernon

Luke Fickell lol. Even though I am backing off the fire Harbaugh bandwagon for now, Fickell would still be the first guy the university should call. If he says no and you can't change his mind, so be it, but it would be a mistake not to call him.

Other names the university should reach out to include the obvious ones like Matt Campbell and Matt Rhule. I'd also send feelers out to Sean Payton and see if he's interested in coaching college ball.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

On 1/27/2022 at 9:52 AM, romad1 said:

Larry Foote is a candidate to replace Macdonald?   That comes by way of a IM message from a co-worker...he says that info is out on 24/7.  I can't speak to source.  

On the roundtable, Sam Webb is saying 90/10 Harbaugh stays.  

https://gbmwolverine.com/2022/01/27/michigan-legend-emerging-as-candidate-for-dc-vacancy/

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

i would expect foote to follow leftwich if a pro dc job gets offered, but you never know.  maybe he has maize and blue blood?

he named his kid "trammell" and has a 313 tattoo.  It would be even more extreme if he had those reversed but, yeah...he bleeds Detroit

As long as he's a good recruiter, I'll be happy. 

I think U of M has had a lot of great coaches recently. But when you are constantly throwing 4 stars up against stacked 5 star teams, you can't overcome that. We need more *elite* talent. So I really hope Harbaugh goes after extremely good recruiters just like Lincoln Riley did at USC. USC will be a top 5 team within 2 years and will be a constant CFB playoff team from there on out.... That's what we need to do/be..... All starts with recruitment.

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

This Harbaugh dalliance with the NFL has gotten a bit scary.  He's apparently the choice of the new GM for the Vikings.  The ownership likes some other guy.  Hopefully we can navigate this. 

Screw him, he either wants the job or he doesn’t. He beats OSU once in 7 yrs and suddenly he the latest thing since sliced bread? If he thinks he’s not getting enough $$$ love back from the U he needs to read the papers; they just wrote one $500 M check they probably haven’t figured out how to cover. 

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Screw him, he either wants the job or he doesn’t. He beats OSU once in 7 yrs and suddenly he the latest thing since sliced bread? If he thinks he’s not getting enough $$$ love back from the U he needs to read the papers; they just wrote one $500 M check they probably haven’t figured out how to cover. 

I don't prefer chaos

30 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

insurance probably wrote that check.