Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

5 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Bienemy interviewed for nine hours yesterday and they’ve concluded their first round of interviews, which included 6 candidates… Glenn reportedly “impressed” them in his but I don’t know how much that actually means.

Thanks, speaking of that situation, unfortunately for the Lions(what else is new?) we wouldn't be eligible to receive the 2 3rd round comp picks for losing a minority assistant like the 49ers got cause Glenn was only here 1 year. I guess they have to have been with the organization for atleast 2 years to qualify for for that. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I feel like teams who hire a minority head coach and employ them for at least two years should get comp picks as well. 

every team that hires a black head coach gets an extra first round pick.  every team that hires a white head coach is stripped of all their draft picks and is required to write a letter of apology to the naacp.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Calvin was on the Rich Eisen show the other day and after they got done with the interview one of the producer's told Eisen about this and Rich was like "wtf why didnt you tell me this before" so he made the producer call Calvin back just to talk about this. The whole thing was pretty funny. 

49 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Bienemy interviewed for nine hours yesterday and they’ve concluded their first round of interviews, which included 6 candidates… Glenn reportedly “impressed” them in his but I don’t know how much that actually means.

Well I don't think they are going to say   We interviewed John Doe and he really didn't impress us at all.     I am sure everyone impressed them.        When you don't impress, you call your current employer and say "I'm back, Baby, I'm back" like Jim Harbaugh did.  

57 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well I don't think they are going to say   We interviewed John Doe and he really didn't impress us at all.     I am sure everyone impressed them.        When you don't impress, you call your current employer and say "I'm back, Baby, I'm back" like Jim Harbaugh did.  

Exactly. It read to me like a reporter asked a source with the Saints how Glenn preformed and they gave the can of corn answer they would have given for any of their interviewees.

Get er done Campbell! I mean why wouldn't he want to work with Goff instead of Patrick Mahomes? Seriously though if he came here and elevated our offense he'd almost be a shoe in for a HC job next year cause teams wouldn't be able to use the being a product of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes excuse. 

55 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Dennis Allen is 8-28 as a head coach. There are plenty of coaches, black and white, who have better records than that and don't get second chances. 

They need a guy that will fall in line and can easily be pushed aside when they try to convince Payton to come back in 2023. 

On 2/6/2022 at 8:56 PM, gehringer_2 said:

#social construct

Could a guy who looks like McDaniel really walk into an NFL locker room, face down some of the black players in that locker room who have truly have a lived experience as a black man, and claim he's black or has lived the experience same as they have? I think giving the 49'ers a comp pick for the McDaniel hire is disingenuous, even if it's technically correct given his bi-racial makeup. I think the Rooney Rule, comp picks being offered and the like were to help promote black coaches who have truly lived an experience as a black and brown individual. I don't know the first thing about how McDaniel has been treated, so it isn't fair for me to judge that, but if I were just taking a guess, I'd say he and a black coach like Eric Bieniemy have had largely different life experiences when it comes to race.