Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

54 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It was reported that he was accused by two of the women of forcing them to give him oral sex. Without knowing Texas law, that would be a form of Criminal Sexual Conduct, which certainly could result in jail or prison time, depending on the circumstances. 

I don’t think he’s a serial rapist. I do think that he’s not been told no often in his adult lifetime, and may not taken resistance appropriately when he was getting a massage. Maybe not 22 times, but I do believe that some of those encounters were not with two totally willing partners.

that's as equally plausible as my theory.

on the one hand, when money is available, the people come out of the woodwork.  on the other hand, that's a lot of smoke for there to be NO fire.

I read somewhere that on that contract Watson signed he worked it so he only gets paid 1 million this coming season, so if he gets suspended without pay he won't lose out on that much money. I think the fact he did that shows that him and his agent are totally expecting a fairly lengthy suspension. 

26 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I read somewhere that on that contract Watson signed he worked it so he only gets paid 1 million this coming season, so if he gets suspended without pay he won't lose out on that much money. I think the fact he did that shows that him and his agent are totally expecting a fairly lengthy suspension. 

I think I am about to contradict my previous points some, but I think a lengthy suspension at this point is a little ridiculous. What was the entire last year? Anything now might as well be 17 games plus what they suspend him.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

tom brady did the same thing before deflategate.

16 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

That's pretty interesting if true... and pretty smart of them (Watson and his agent) as well.  The thing is when you trade that much future capital away you're kinda in the "win now" mentality.  If Watson could miss a half season or more that makes it hard to win now.  I guess Watson is still pretty young (only 26) so there's time, but without a first round pick for the next three years (or two if they get one back for Baker-Mayfield), that's going to be a bit of a talent drain.

38 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Matt Ryan traded to the Colts for a 3rd round pick. 

Felipe Franks is their only QB currently under contract. Now that they missed out on Watson and traded Ryan, you have to think they're taking a QB this year. Seems like Atlanta just became a prime trade partner for us.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Felipe Franks is their only QB currently under contract. Now that they missed out on Watson and traded Ryan, you have to think they're taking a QB this year. Seems like Atlanta just became a prime trade partner for us.

With the Panthers at 6, Falcons at 8, and Seahawks at 9, this Matt Ryan trade definitely helps the Lions trade prospects.

• Thanks 1

green bay is the only good team in the north.

dallas is good.  philly is frisky.  washington and the giants are terrible.

tampa bay is good (no wonder brady came back).  atlanta, carolina, and the saints are awful.

rams and niners are good, but who plays qb for the niners?  do people trust lance?  do people trust the cardinals after so many late season meltdowns?  the seahawks are rebuilding.

on paper its green bay, dallas, tampa, and the rams.  then maybe the niners, cards, and eagles?  at least one of those teams is going to turn out to be bad, and there will be at least one bad team that surprises people.  my money would be on the cardinals sucking amd either the vikings or washington surprising people.

but who knows?  maybe harad goff pulls a rabbit out of his hat and the lions luck into a wild card?

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

i still think their ceiling is 8 wins, but in this conference 8 wins might get you a wild card.  or the division if rodgers gets hurt.

Lions play the NFC East this year..........not a strong division.   

Their positional NFC games are Carolina and Seattle.   Both teams are in flux

They play the AFC east, which might be tough

Their 17th game, that extra game is against Jacksonville.    

The Bears have regressed and Minnesota hasn't done anything major.  

I don't think they have the toughest schedule next year.