Sports Betting

• 1 month later...

Berkey is a coach who charges $4,000 for his course.  You get different opinions on if he is a good coach or not.  Most feel he is a winning player though.

Airball is a rich kid who is calling our Berkey for his poor coaching, mostly trying to make a name for himself to build his social media accounts IMO.  He does play high stakes but that is do to his bank account and not his skill.

Hopefully they find a way to stream this.  I wish they had streaming back when Andy Beal played HU against The Corporation.

Wn4yHkP.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have always considered Phil Ivey to be the best cash game player on earth.  I think durrrr makes a good case for that title now.  The problem is he isn't that visible to American players.  He spends most of his time playing nosebleeds in Macau.  

I think Ivey is probably a more intelligent player, more of a student of the game or thinker.  But durrrr is so fearless and hyper aggressive it makes it extremely difficult to play against him.  He constantly puts players in very uncomfortable positions and even the professionals are not used to that.

• 1 month later...

Phil Hellmuth just won his 17th WSOP bracelet.  He is the greatest tournament player in the history of poker IMO.  Won the main event, wins in pot limit, limit, and no limit.  A razz bracelet and a 2-7 lowball draw bracelet.  

Phil Ivey, Doyle Bruson, and Johnny Chan are second on the bracelet list with 10 each.

Sort of ironic that Hellmuth is considered a joke at cash games and you would not want to see those other three sit at your cash game table.  

• 2 months later...

I joined a just for fun, kind of, league. $100 and you get 10K in funny money to play with on college and pro.  Have to bet at least half your money every two weeks. It’s fun. Gives me an excuse to watch the games and my son and I are already spending more time together.  I certainly see the appeal and gives me just enough of an adrenaline rush with no real risk in reality.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not really my area since I almost never bet a parlay.  But normal method is if a bet pushes you void it and the rest of the parlay gets regraded and you move on.  Say you have a 5 leg parlay that pays +800 and one of the 5 pushes.  Now you have a 4 leg parlay instead with new odds they calculate based on the 4 games that will count.  ESPN is just voiding the entire bet, which is obviously costing people money.

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Not really my area since I almost never bet a parlay.  But normal method is if a bet pushes you void it and the rest of the parlay gets regraded and you move on.  Say you have a 5 leg parlay that pays +800 and one of the 5 pushes.  Now you have a 4 leg parlay instead with new odds they calculate based on the 4 games that will count.  ESPN is just voiding the entire bet, which is obviously costing people money.

ESPN is a cesspool and pretty much unwatchable.  They hemorrhage money   It would be no shock that they'd rip people off.  

A bigger ripoff than Shinola. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2024 at 8:29 PM, Deleterious said:

Twitter is also rolling out a service that lets you bet from the app.

So does an 8 leg parlay count as 1 item or 8 items?  I need to know how this will count towards the 12 items or less checkout.

Speaking of 8 legs.

A guy on a sports betting board I frequent was discussing his prop bets for the weekend Detroit played Tampa in the playoffs.  He said he took "Will there be an octopus?"  He said he knew Wings fans tossed octopus on the ice and he figured some Wings fans would certainly be at the Lions game and might bring the tradition with them.

An octopus when betting football is a player scoring the TD and 2pt conversion in the same possession.  He didn't have a clue what he was even betting on.

• 1 month later...

It just dawned on me today that you can bet on Spring Training games.    \

I dabble in sports betting.  I make $10 bets and no more (maybe the Derby or Super Bowl it's more)

But betting on a game where the sole purpose is for coaches to look at players.  Winning/losing does not matter.   

How much of a degenerate gambler do you have to be to bet on these games?      I'm sure Pete Rose does because he's the definition of one, but man - putting your money  on something when the teams aren't even trying to really win?   Nuts. 

On 1/18/2023 at 11:36 AM, casimir said:

My mother-in-law buys us scratch offs for Christmas.  I would rather have the cash.

I used to have to deal with the lottery when I worked in a grocery store in the past.  Yes, a lot of "frequent flyers", and sad because this store was in a lower income area.

Almost a year later,.....but I know when my brother was a live he would buy the scratch offs as gifts sometimes because he was poor af, so he would get maybe 6.00 worth for each person...I think he would have been embarrassed to just give 6.00...just my experience with it.