9-20-21 White Sox @ Tigers - 6:40 PM

IdahoBert

• IdahoBert changed the title to 9-20-21 White Sox @ Tigers - 6:40 PM

“Many people seem to think it foolish, even superstitious, to believe that the world could still change for the better. And it is true that in winter it is sometimes so bitingly cold that one is tempted to say, ‘What do I care if there is a summer; its warmth is no help to me now.’ Yes, evil often seems to surpass good. But then, in spite of us, and without our permission, there comes at last an end to the bitter frosts. One morning the wind turns, and there is a thaw. And so I must still have hope.”

— Vincent van Gogh

If anyone else wants to start game threads please feel free to do so. Aside from the fact that I don’t want to monopolize the fun of it all and be an a-hole I’m in the midst of re-organizing my beanie baby collection which I assumed would be the foundation of my retirement fund and it’s a very time-consuming activity.

40 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

If anyone else wants to start game threads please feel free to do so. Aside from the fact that I don’t want to monopolize the fun of it all and be an a-hole I’m in the midst of re-organizing my beanie baby collection which I assumed would be the foundation of my retirement fund and it’s a very time-consuming activity.

Pretty sure you're kidding but I've been doing the same with some pokemon cards. Anywayd, I can relate, it is damn time consuming!

The thing about playing the teams in your own division is that by this time in the season you’re like married couples who know each other‘s moves. Hopefully this team has improved enough to have figured out the White Sox’s moves. Right now I would be pretty happy with a split of the remaining games against this team. 

• Like 1

Can't decide whether to go to this game....

My tickets this year were paid for back in November of 2019.... it's like "Well I could go, but then there's $8 for parking, $20 for a few beers, maybe $10 on food.... dno't really need all those extra calories"

Usually when I go it's as much to see my friends there that I sit next to but they all live in Canada as it happens.  

7 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I am here, did not know we all moved out of the dorm. I can do it if you like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Just checking the weather app on my phone and precipitation is possible today and it’s possible for the next three days off and on. 

Just started raining hard in Ann Arbor. It's moving NorthEast - with a lot more to the South than to the West - so it could go by quickly or not depending how much West wind pushes it through

I really wanted this game to start on time. I am in mourning I need the Tigers to take my mind off it. Filippo Ganna beat my favorite cyclist Wout van Aert in the UCI Road World Championships in Belgium yesterday. The two of them outpaced the third place finisher by 40 +seconds. It was a really thrilling race. 

27 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I really wanted this game to start on time. I am in mourning I need the Tigers to take my mind off it. Filippo Ganna beat my favorite cyclist Wout van Aert in the UCI Road World Championships in Belgium yesterday. The two of them outpaced the third place finisher by 40 +seconds. It was a really thrilling race. 

Be of good cheer!  That was the time trial, he will have another chance this Sunday in the road race.  Woodsy decided to skip the Worlds, but he will be in the 1-day classics in Italy this fall.

• Like 1