2022 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

so they don't want Ivey.....

Then again, what if he gets picked 3rd....🤔

I guess Woj went on to say that Sacramento is very comfortable drafting Ivey.  So not really about not wanting him.  Just seeing if any offer is worth more than just Ivey.

I really didn't watch the NFL Draft that closely after the Lions traded up for Jameson but IIRC they actually didn't focus too much on the players still left in the green room like Malik Willis, Matt Corral and others. I wonder if they are going to be the same way for the NBA Draft?

40 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I really didn't watch the NFL Draft that closely after the Lions traded up for Jameson but IIRC they actually didn't focus too much on the players still left in the green room like Malik Willis, Matt Corral and others. I wonder if they are going to be the same way for the NBA Draft?

That would be better.  Because we know if you invite 24 kids that a few are slipping to the second round.  And that is painful to watch.

The Pistons could just be talking Mathurin up because they like Murray. I’d still guess Murray before Mathurin but confidence level is low. 

There were reports claiming the Lions would possibly pass on Hutch for Thibodeaux as the draft got really close.  It’s not unheard of for teams to try and put out misdirection.

I really hope those teams trading into #4 are after Murray. Give me Ivey, especially if we're going to blow our money on what I would call "good starters but not All-Stars" (Ayton, Sexton, Brunson) rather than acquiring picks and kicking the money to a better free agent season. We need that second guy next to Cade and Ivey has one of the highest ceilings in this draft. Does he reach it? Who knows. But if you're locking yourself into the 8 seed with Cade and Ayton, you need to take a swing on finding another star now rather committing yourself to the Drummond years of mediocrity again.

7 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I really hope those teams trading into #4 are after Murray. Give me Ivey, especially if we're going to blow our money on what I would call "good starters but not All-Stars" (Ayton, Sexton, Brunson) rather than acquiring picks and kicking the money to a better free agent season. We need that second guy next to Cade and Ivey has one of the highest ceilings in this draft. Does he reach it? Who knows. But if you're locking yourself into the 8 seed with Cade and Ayton, you need to take a swing on finding another star now rather committing yourself to the Drummond years of mediocrity again.

are there reasons beyond JEIII to think they are particularly focused on Ayton? Just as a counter point also close to the team, Beard doesn't think they are.

12 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

But if you're locking yourself into the 8 seed with Cade and Ayton, you need to take a swing on finding another star now rather committing yourself to the Drummond years of mediocrity again.

I would think even Gores would have reservations about that.

I'm more sold on Murray or Mathurin than Ivey.  There's a certain amount of positional flexibility with them...with his wingspan, Murray could potentially give you minutes  at 3,4, or 5.  Mathurin could play off Cade as a guard or a wing.  Ivey seems locked into being a guard and his shot is a bit more questionable than the other two.  

Be nice to take Hayward and 13 off of Charlotte's hands...be in a position to draft a rim protector like Williams from Duke or frontcourt help like Socha or Griffin.  Although Koloko at 36 might be the way to go for a interior defender.