2022 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The more stuff you post about Murray the more I like him. Im getting to the point where I may actually be a little disappointed if we don't get him, which is weird cause a month ago I didn't even want him. 

all signs seem to point to him as the pick.

I keep flipping back and forth between Murray and Ivey. I think Murray is a better fit because of his versatility and ability to play off of a high end playmaker like Cade in the pick and pop/roll but that Ivey athleticism and rim attacking ability is special. I'm trying to envision a scenario where he learns how to shoot the 3 with more consistency and develops that little floater that Morant perfected and I see immense upside even though the fit alongside Cade isn't ideal. Plus, as we all know, the Pistons really need an injection of high end athleticism in this lineup. Ivey also has that "dog" mentality that I don't see in Murray who seems more content to be a background character in crunch time.

I'm sort of cooling on Sharpe the more I think about it. Too much of a mystery box for me and virtually no competitive tape to base anything on. I'd be more inclined to take a shot at him if the Pistons didn't already have their franchise player and had more of a need to take a homerun swing but I don't know if the risk is worth it now, maybe if they get another high pick for Grant somehow.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/34055752/2022-nba-draft-ranking-top-30-prospects-based-stats-scouting

Kevin Pelton top 30 prospects based off the advanced metrics and scouting. The metrics point a much different picture than what the scouts say.  His list has Holmgrem, Smith, Murray, Griffin and Daniels  at the top 5 in that order. Paulo is all the way down at 12.

Even though it says and scouting I'm not sure how much emphasis is put on that though. 

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/34055752/2022-nba-draft-ranking-top-30-prospects-based-stats-scouting

Kevin Pelton top 30 prospects based off the advanced metrics and scouting. The metrics point a much different picture than what the scouts say.  His list has Holmgrem, Smith, Murray, Griffin and Daniels  at the top 5 in that order. Paulo is all the way down at 12.

Even though it says and scouting I'm not sure how much emphasis is put on that though. 

So if one of the top 3 drops, do we take them?

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Less than a month away before we can see our new draft picks in summer league.  I do not think schedules have been released yet, but the league starts on July 7th.

Unless it's Sharpe. He probably won't participate in that either 😄

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Who's going to be the awkward one that's still sitting there a bit too long this year? AJ Griffin?

He would be my guess.  His shooting might save him.

I still think one of the big 3 falls.  Not to an awkward level, but the word disrespect will be used a lot in his interview as he comes off stage.

Daniels is another one I would bet on.  He has a lot of tools but he just can't shoot.  Video came out yesterday of his workout in Indiana and it looked rough, even in an empty gym.

I could potentially see Chet dropping if he gets by OKC but I don't think he will though. With all the draft capital they have I think they can afford to swing for the fences for him and hope he turns into the unicorn prospect that some people think he can be. If for some reason they pass he could slide a few spots potentially cause I'm not sure how much Houston or Sacramento value him at. If he somehow makes it to us though I think Weaver would either take him or hopefully trade the pick for another team willing to give us a haul for him. 

I can't imagine any of the big 3 drop farther than #4.

People have been touting this as a "big 3" draft talent-wise for a long time now and all of those teams would rather draft a big than a guard. Plus, having one of them draft Ivey would make SAC's day since they'd much rather grab one of the "big 3" instead of staring at Ivey (or having to trade out) since they just traded away Haliburton.