POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

38 minutes ago, oblong said:

it's always fascinating when people want to find the line to when it's ok to be a jerk or not.

It's always fascinating to me when people can do similar things, yet a persons opinion on if that is ok or not is based on political affiliations.

Kimmel can wear black face because he's on our side and he apologized once someone called him out on it.  Megyn Kelly seriously didn't realize in high school (many years before Kimmel actually wore blackface) how offensive it was!!!!  Who cares that she didn't wear blackface, the fact that she was ignorant about it 25 years ago is intolerable, she needs to be cancelled!   

3 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

It's always fascinating to me when people can do similar things, yet a persons opinion on if that is ok or not is based on political affiliations.

Kimmel can wear black face because he's on our side and he apologized once someone called him out on it.  Megyn Kelly seriously didn't realize in high school (many years before Kimmel actually wore blackface) how offensive it was!!!!  Who cares that she didn't wear blackface, the fact that she was ignorant about it 25 years ago is intolerable, she needs to be cancelled!   

Again, a little different than calling someone a pedo.

Nobody gets upset when Trading Places airs and Dan Aykroyd is in black face on the train.    The movie still airs.   Maybe because he did it to rip off a couple of old racist guys. 

Revenge of the Nerds still airs all the time and there is a flat-out rape scene in the movie, but it's the nerd doing the raping, so nobody bats an eye. 

Hard to apply current standards to the past sometimes.  I think it's the intent more than anything.   Aaron Rodgers' intent was to be funny by calling someone a pedo, but first of all, Aaron Rodgers is not funny and the more I hear from him (I try to tune it out), I am thinking academics had absolutely zero with him getting into Cal.    He sucked as Jeopardy host too. 

Hey Aaron, just jerk your head to the side real quick.  The refs will call a facemask on Kimmel.   

40 minutes ago, oblong said:

I've had family members ask me that too.  They "heard" there's certain sections cops won't go in.

I told them to stick a shawarma up their ass

I was going to respond to this a little while ago, but I was forced at gunpoint to turn to Mecca and pray.   Now that I am done with that, do they realize that about a third of the Dearborn police force is Muslim now?  

23 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

The easy answer to that is:

"That's because there is ZERO ****ing crime in that area (dip****)."

There is plenty of crime in my area.   Last summer TWO families let their grass grow too high and Ted from down the street took his garbage out WELL before 5pm.       Savages.  

Problem is that they only hear about Muslim extremists.   Plenty of Christian, Catholic, Jewish extremists too. 

It's like Ireland, as the movie Belfast points out, the vast majority of Irish people didn't give a feck if their neighbors were Catholic or Protestant - it was only the loud extremists that got all the attention.  Most people just wanted enough money to pay their bills and be left alone.   That was the real Ireland and those old extremists are dying off - it's the safest country in Europe now.  

29 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Can I ask… what the **** are you talking about and what is your point?

what does blackface and old Karl Malone jokes have to do with this?  Because he made jokes that have now aged poorly in hindsight then people can call him a pedophile today ?  That makes no sense.  

Megyn Kelly?  Are we just randomly throwing out peoples names now?

Again, my only point is that it's a joke and most of you are taking it too seriously, including Kimmel who hopes you can be understanding that joking about things that are bad can be overcome for the right person.   I personally feel political affiliation is why you are so upset.

So a quick google search, because this Rodgers joke, while a blatant attempt at a joke, wasn't really funny and there was no way no one else didn't try and grab this low hanging fruit.  A look, the Late Show did a bit, let's check it out.

So obviously Stephen Colbert should be taken off of the air, just like Rodgers should never be allowed to be back on McAfee's show.  

Crazy that no one seemed to get upset with Colbert....wonder why.

Edited by ewsieg

On 1/3/2024 at 9:18 AM, oblong said:

These idiots become influencers and with the fancy lighting and microphones and backdrops they appear more legitimate than before and gullible people are more prone to believe them.  After all there they are with a fancy background and graphics... looks just like CNN or MSNBC doesn't it?

I think this has more to do with the increased acceptance of conspiracy media than people generally acknowledge. It was easy to dismiss double-spaced typewritten documents with spelling errors and cross-outs being held together with a staple in the corner. But as you say, everyone looks like ****ing CNN now.

On 1/4/2024 at 1:09 PM, oblong said:

I mean... you can literally see the landing sites from Earth with the right equipment.  You can see the descent engines, the lunar rovers....  

At what point do the moon deniers think chicanery took over?   You had thousands of people in Alabama building the Saturn V.  Designers, engineers, assembly.  You had NASA, North American Aviation in CA, Grummann on Long Island building the spacecrafts..... along with dozens of subcontractors.  You had about a million people who watched the launches in FL.  You had a network of tracking ships all over the world as they orbited the Earth.  Then they executed the TLI burn to head towards the moon so they could fall into their gravitational pull.  If that didn't happen, where did it go?  There was the ability to track an orbiting spacecraft so if it didn't go to the moon, where?  If it stayed in Earth Orbit people would have noticed.  If it left Earth Orbit how did it come back without going to the moon?   You can'tjust turn around and come back. It's not like driving a car.

We had a hundred million people watching the riot at the Capitol a mere three years ago, too, but that doesn't make any difference with red hats who deny that, either.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:18 AM, oblong said:

I belong to a lot space related facebook groups and a big challenge they face are deniers.  When you snoop around you'd be shocked how many people think the moon landings were fake.  They still exist. 

I don't think they really believe that, or more exactly, believe anything about it either way. I think they just like being contrarian so they can look like the person who knows something nobody else does.

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Again, my only point is that it's a joke and most of you are taking it too seriously, including Kimmel who hopes you can be understanding that joking about things that are bad can be overcome for the right person.   I personally feel political affiliation is why you are so upset.

So a quick google search, because this Rodgers joke, while a blatant attempt at a joke, wasn't really funny and there was no way no one else didn't try and grab this low hanging fruit.  A look, the Late Show did a bit, let's check it out.

So obviously Stephen Colbert should be taken off of the air, just like Rodgers should never be allowed to be back on McAfee's show.  

Crazy that no one seemed to get upset with Colbert....wonder why.

Trump has said so many terrible things about so many people that he is fair game.  Plus, he has been connected to Epstein as much as anyone.  He had connections to Epstein before it became uncool to have connections to Epstein.  He was also been accused of rape by a 13-year old girl.  Musk also has connections to Epstein.  I don't know if that is the case with Kimmell since I don't follow him at all.  

I’m pretty sure the only connection Musk has to Epstein was related to financial dealings, which Musk denied.  Quite a leap to go from that to being named a pedophile, but it was funny, the laugh track thought it was at least.

Edited by ewsieg

I actually don't have any reason to think that Musk is a pedophile.  I pretty much assume Trump has done some horrific things to young women.  I am pretty sure he bought all ther beauty pageants to gain access to and power over beautiful young women and that's just the earliest indicator.  MAGAs always claim that he disassociated himself from Epstein when he found out about what he was doing to underaged women.  It's more likely that he is dissociated because Epstein got caught and he doesn't want the same to happen to him.  Bill Clinton is another one who I think would have no qualms about having sex with underaged women as long as he isn't caught.    

38 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

You would think that at least one person in the Pentagon would think to make a phone call to the White House. I realize it was a holiday weekend, but....

Very odd. Seems likely another shoe has yet to drop on this story but I can't imagine what it might be.

• 2 weeks later...