POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He accused him of raping underage girls.   That goes being trading barbs.   I don't think the apology is enough.  I do think Kimmel needs to sue him.   I just threw out a billion dollars because I hate Aaron Rodgers. 

Concur. 

I think i made too light of the situation.   I genuinely think Rogers is in his own weird -- entirely too enabled -- world. 

11 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

What a deuchebag.

Or would Dunce be better here...?

Well, he didn't actually say this, it was just an example, but he's gone back and forth on the fake moon landing thing.    And this idea that only Joe Rogan knows how corrupt Big Pharma is - come on man,  everyone with a brain knows that.  That is not breaking news.     He got the Carlos Mencia thing right and not much else. 

Yes, as Oblong says.   That many people who "faked" it could never keep that kind of secret for this long.    But try to talk sense to a Moon Denier or Flat Earther.   You might as well spend your time teaching your dog to read.  You'd have more success with the dog, actually. 

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well, he didn't actually say this, it was just an example, but he's gone back and forth on the fake moon landing thing.    And this idea that only Joe Rogan knows how corrupt Big Pharma is - come on man,  everyone with a brain knows that.  That is not breaking news.     He got the Carlos Mencia thing right and not much else. 

Yes, as Oblong says.   That many people who "faked" it could never keep that kind of secret for this long.    But try to talk sense to a Moon Denier or Flat Earther.   You might as well spend your time teaching your dog to read.  You'd have more success with the dog, actually. 

I mean... you can literally see the landing sites from Earth with the right equipment.  You can see the descent engines, the lunar rovers....  

At what point do the moon deniers think chicanery took over?   You had thousands of people in Alabama building the Saturn V.  Designers, engineers, assembly.  You had NASA, North American Aviation in CA, Grummann on Long Island building the spacecrafts..... along with dozens of subcontractors.  You had about a million people who watched the launches in FL.  You had a network of tracking ships all over the world as they orbited the Earth.  Then they executed the TLI burn to head towards the moon so they could fall into their gravitational pull.  If that didn't happen, where did it go?  There was the ability to track an orbiting spacecraft so if it didn't go to the moon, where?  If it stayed in Earth Orbit people would have noticed.  If it left Earth Orbit how did it come back without going to the moon?   You can'tjust turn around and come back. It's not like driving a car.

32 minutes ago, oblong said:

I mean... you can literally see the landing sites from Earth with the right equipment.  You can see the descent engines, the lunar rovers....  

At what point do the moon deniers think chicanery took over?   You had thousands of people in Alabama building the Saturn V.  Designers, engineers, assembly.  You had NASA, North American Aviation in CA, Grummann on Long Island building the spacecrafts..... along with dozens of subcontractors.  You had about a million people who watched the launches in FL.  You had a network of tracking ships all over the world as they orbited the Earth.  Then they executed the TLI burn to head towards the moon so they could fall into their gravitational pull.  If that didn't happen, where did it go?  There was the ability to track an orbiting spacecraft so if it didn't go to the moon, where?  If it stayed in Earth Orbit people would have noticed.  If it left Earth Orbit how did it come back without going to the moon?   You can'tjust turn around and come back. It's not like driving a car.

This is entirely too easy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, oblong said:

All faked by Stanley Kubrick.   Didn't you know that The Shining has a bunch of clues where he admitted it?    Why can't you see stars in the background photos on the moon (Scientists and photographers have explained this but the kooks just call them liars - because we all know a control and detail freak like Stanley Kubrick would say "oops........forgot the stars".  

Every thing you say they'll dispute.   As far as seeing the equipment on the moon, they'll say the moon is a big balloon in the sky and it's not that far away and space is actually just a bunch of really high lights rigged up by some Ed Harris-like figure from The Truman Show.     You can't talk sense to them.   There is no PROOF that they will accept.  

Yes, the reason nobody goes to the edge of the flat earth so they can prove that is flat is that it's surrounded by a giant Ice Wall guarded by NASA sharpshooters (I'm not making that up - some believe this).   

My theory on Conspiracy Theorists (followers) is that they have absolutely zero confidence in their own intelligence so they have to make you believe something that only they and a few super smart people know.  You and I are just Sheeple and they are the super smart ones.     I just want to know why millions of people convincing you the earth is falsely round - what would the benefit be on that?    

But these Conspiracy Theories (who I think are started by people who absolutely don't believe this stuff, but want to stir others up) can get dangerous.   It's why Matthew Coleman killed his two toddlers with a spear gun (his wife had serpent blood and his babies would grow up to infect the world - again, not making that up).     It's why Lori Vallow killed (or allowed her kids to be killed) - because she believed some whacked out religious conspiracy that her kids were demon imposters who would bring hell to the earth.   

There are a few conspiracies I buy -  More than one person was behind the JFK assassination.  too many random connections there.  He wanted to break up the CIA for meddling in domestic affairs.  Lee Oswald had CIA connections.  Kennedy was likely going to pull us out of Vietnam.  They had contingency plans is place way too quickly.       The NBA Draft is frequently rigged.  The Frozen envelope?   Yep, I buy that one too.   T  But fake moon landings?  Lizard People?  

These people are sad and stupid and vulnerable and those with very good media skills are slickly leading them to this mental illness and these types are frighteningly close to being in control of our country.     There is going to be a case at some point where a Sovereign Citizen gets on the bench as  a Judge somewhere and it will cause total chaos with our whole legal system.  ****, people voted for that nutjob woman in Georgia twice now.    She might actually be on the short list for VP candidates too.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He accused him of raping underage girls.   That goes being trading barbs.   I don't think the apology is enough.  I do think Kimmel needs to sue him.   I just threw out a billion dollars because I hate Aaron Rodgers. 

Did Rodgers apologize?  I don't think so, I can't find it anywhere, does anyone have a link?

I know who did apologize, it was Tank-Top Punter F-Head, for "his role" in the defamation.  But Rodgers?  I imagine that the first words out of his lawyers' mouths were "don't apologize".  But if anyone has a link to a Rodgers apology I would like to see it.

Even stupider than the defamatory statement is the whole idea that he would want to trade with Jimmy Kimmel.  Why would anyone do that?  Did he think that Kimmel would give him the faux-rival status of Matt Damon?  What an a-hole.

Someone accused Jay Jaffe of being a pedophile who raped little boys because he didn't vote for curt schilling on his HoF ballot.  I guess everyone who doesn't agree with conservative dickbags is a pedophile now.  It's the new communist.  

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Did Rodgers apologize?  I don't think so, I can't find it anywhere, does anyone have a link?

I know who did apologize, it was Tank-Top Punter F-Head, for "his role" in the defamation.  But Rodgers?  I imagine that the first words out of his lawyers' mouths were "don't apologize".  But if anyone has a link to a Rodgers apology I would like to see it.

Even stupider than the defamatory statement is the whole idea that he would want to trade with Jimmy Kimmel.  Why would anyone do that?  Did he think that Kimmel would give him the faux-rival status of Matt Damon?  What an a-hole.

It was one of those apologies to anyone he may have mislabeled, it wasn't a direct apology to Kimmel, of course.   To me it's not enough.  Kimmel should sue him.   

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Someone accused Jay Jaffe of being a pedophile who raped little boys because he didn't vote for curt schilling on his HoF ballot.  I guess everyone who doesn't agree with conservative dickbags is a pedophile now.  It's the new communist.  

Yeah, they can't use communist anymore because Putin is a hero to them. 

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

I prefer Rich Eisen and Dan Patrick, who can make fun of themselves a bit. 

I've been listening to Jim Rome almost daily since Byung Hyun Kim blew WS saves. 

Rome was on vacation last week so I put McAfee on instead and I didn't hate the show.   I've begun to like him on GameDay too but it took a bit 

33 minutes ago, pfife said:

I've been listening to Jim Rome almost daily since Byung Hyun Kim blew WS saves. 

Rome was on vacation last week so I put McAfee on instead and I didn't hate the show.   I've begun to like him on GameDay too but it took a bit 

Rome was peak listening for me.  I didn't get him until my very first business trip, I had to drive to Ohio, so I had that on.  I listened regularly for about 10 years.  He moved networks or something so I couldn't get the reception or something.... and I haven't listened to the radio much in the last 10 years or so since Satellite and Apple Music and podcasts, etc.

But I loved his bits.  "Softball guy" "The Latrine of Death".  Sergio Garciaparra.  

40 minutes ago, pfife said:

I wouldn't really consider Pat McAfees statements to be an apology either.

McAfee was just starting to grow on me a tad too.

It was a "****, my boss is also his boss" kind of moment for him.

7 minutes ago, oblong said:

Rome was peak listening for me.  I didn't get him until my very first business trip, I had to drive to Ohio, so I had that on.  I listened regularly for about 10 years.  He moved networks or something so I couldn't get the reception or something.... and I haven't listened to the radio much in the last 10 years or so since Satellite and Apple Music and podcasts, etc.

But I loved his bits.  "Softball guy" "The Latrine of Death".  Sergio Garciaparra.  

I was a clone for many years as well. 

Edited by Tigeraholic1

Rome owes Detroit another tour stop.   He used to always say if an NFL team went 0-16 he'd do a tour stop there then Detroit had their perfect season and no tour stop.   

He did do an event at Northville Downs a number of years ago but it was lame

9 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I don't think he did, but it was a joke.  I hate Rodgers as much as the next person, but Kimmel has been ragging him since Covid started and Rodgers joked back.   Kimmel, of all people, should be able to handle a joke.  This is the ex-host of the Man Show and one of the few white guys that has survived a black face scandal, you'd think he could handle a joke a little better.

4 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I don't think he did, but it was a joke.  I hate Rodgers as much as the next person, but Kimmel has been ragging him since Covid started and Rodgers joked back.   Kimmel, of all people, should be able to handle a joke.  This is the ex-host of the Man Show and one of the few white guys that has survived a black face scandal, you'd think he could handle a joke a little better.

there's a difference between making jokes about covid and making jokes about someone being a pedophile. 

Come on.

• Thanks 1