POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

there's a difference between making jokes about covid and making jokes about someone being a pedophile. 

Come on.

So is there a list about things that can be joked about?

Violence against women.....yay or nay?   Asking as Kimmel joked about violence against MTG.  She complained, Kimmel responded that it was just a joke.   

6 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Violence against women.....yay or nay?   Asking as Kimmel joked about violence against MTG.  She complained, Kimmel responded that it was just a joke.   

I can't stand Rogers but gotta agree with this. I can't stand Kimmel or Rogers TBH tho.

36 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

while we are keeping score

Marjorie Taylor Greene indicated support for executing prominent Democrats in 2018 and 2019 before running for Congress | CNN Politics

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Still a different thing.  AAron went on national TV and suggested Kimmel was a pedophile over real world events, real victims, etc. Not just a general statement or, sorry... "joke".  

Rodgers has not said it was a joke or apologized.

This whataboutism thing is really tiring and intellectually lazy and lame.  I mean seriously.... what is your motive in defending someone accusing someone else of being a pedophile?  Why do you care?  It's like when white people get mad that blacks can say the N word but they can't.  Why do you want to say it?  Why does it bother you?  Do you have a personal interest in this?  Is AAron your cousin or lover?  

It is Kimmel’s job description to tell jokes and he does that on a wide range of topics. Congressperson or NFL player? Not in there job description. Free speech, yada yada…false equivalence is all bs. Bottom line: if someone gave you a hard time about your covid opinions would you consider that as much an attack as them accusing you of pedo rape? 

16 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

It is Kimmel’s job description to tell jokes and he does that on a wide range of topics. Congressperson or NFL player? Not in there job description. Free speech, yada yada…false equivalence is all bs. Bottom line: if someone gave you a hard time about your covid opinions would you consider that as much an attack as them accusing you of pedo rape? 

Rodgers DOES get paid to be on the Pat Mcafee show (well over a million bones) and gets asked a wide range of questions on multible topics,,,

"Yeah I know that person was driving drunk but you were driving 55 in a 45 zone"

MTG is a huge flamethrower of toxic vitriol and downright meanness towards people.  Kimmell didn't suggest anybody punch her.   He's a comedian doing jokes on a the comedy portion of his comedy show where jokes are told.  That is not even in the same ****ing ballpark as an NFL quarterback talking about current events on TV and suggesting out of the blue that someone is going to be named on a list of pedophiles.

Why are you so concerned about him being able to do that?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Rodgers DOES get paid to be on the Pat Mcafee show (well over a million bones) and gets asked a wide range of questions on multible topics,,,

Does he get paid to accuse people of being pedophiles?

7 minutes ago, oblong said:

Does he get paid to accuse people of being pedophiles?

No but he gets paid to entertain and improve Pat's ratings. I mean he can take Aaron to court, more power to him. Millionaires vs Millionaires in court, now that would make for good ratings.

10 minutes ago, oblong said:

Still a different thing.  AAron went on national TV and suggested Kimmel was a pedophile over real world events, real victims, etc. Not just a general statement or, sorry... "joke".  

Rodgers has not said it was a joke or apologized.

This whataboutism thing is really tiring and intellectually lazy and lame.  I mean seriously.... what is your motive in defending someone accusing someone else of being a pedophile?  Why do you care?  It's like when white people get mad that blacks can say the N word but they can't.  Why do you want to say it?  Why does it bother you?  Do you have a personal interest in this?  Is AAron your cousin or lover?  

"The List" has been talked about for years and was a major headline in the last week as we knew it was coming out.  It was topical and hence why it was used in a joke.  Maybe you're right that it wasn't, what is the harm in assuming it was though.  It's not like he said it deadpan on an Oprah interview, it was the Pat McAfee show.

I'm not trying to defend, I was just surprised by the uproar from Kimmel, who has made his living making fun and telling jokes about people, i'm sure many which haven't landed well.  Kimmel got offended, the nice thing would be for Rodgers to just say sorry.  He probably won't because he's a jerk.  Still, is it that big of a story that we should all gang up on Rodgers and demand he be sued?  Seems like you're the people that are really bothered by this stupid joke.

Fwiw, prolly little, but the fact that McAfee pays Aahole isn't the most uncontroversial thing ever given espn is supposed to report on nfl qbs but whatevs

Just more right wingers getting special treatment by media, nothing unusual 

Edited by pfife

49 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

"The List" has been talked about for years and was a major headline in the last week as we knew it was coming out.  It was topical and hence why it was used in a joke.  Maybe you're right that it wasn't, what is the harm in assuming it was though.  It's not like he said it deadpan on an Oprah interview, it was the Pat McAfee show.

I'm not trying to defend, I was just surprised by the uproar from Kimmel, who has made his living making fun and telling jokes about people, i'm sure many which haven't landed well.  Kimmel got offended, the nice thing would be for Rodgers to just say sorry.  He probably won't because he's a jerk.  Still, is it that big of a story that we should all gang up on Rodgers and demand he be sued?  Seems like you're the people that are really bothered by this stupid joke.

I guess I just think pedophilia is a very bad thing and you think it's no big deal. 

My mistake.

• Thanks 1

Ratings over everything:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/absence-of-jimmy-kimmel-from-jeffrey-epstein-list-raises-stakes-for-aaron-rodgers-espn

Unless and until ESPN pulls the plug on Rodgers, it’s fair to conclude that ESPN likes it. People tuned in on Wednesday to hear whether McAfee would address the situation and, if so, what he would say. People will tune in next Tuesday to hear what Rodgers will say.

And they’ll now be even more likely to watch whenever Rodgers is on, because there’s a chance that Rodgers will at any given time say something that will create a firestorm.

59 minutes ago, oblong said:

I guess I just think pedophilia is a very bad thing and you think it's no big deal. 

My mistake.

Oh C'mon.  I kind of want to say your statement is ridiculous, just as ridiculous as anyone that would back up MTG on that stupid Will Smith joke Kimmel made about her, but then I saw this:

Look at the date of this vile tweet.  Matches up with when they broke up.  Now we know why, because Kimmel saw this and realized he couldn't be with such a disgusting person.  Now, I don't know why they have been civil and friendly after this, probably because the network forced them to be, but i'm glad he blackballed her because Pedophillia is not something to joke about. 

Kimmel has been consistent, so for that alone, he deserves an apology....oh wait...

He's married to a women that is advocating for child neglect and he's still with her.  Raising kids with her!  What, does he think child neglect is funny?!?!?

28 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Conservatives are pretty consistent.  They feel it's OK to joke about any topic in anyway.  Freedom of speech...

unless the joke is about guns, The Bible, the American flag or cops.  

Not sure they are big fan of cops these days either.   Not the ones at the Capitol anyway.

it's always fascinating when people want to find the line to when it's ok to be a jerk or not.

"This guy is a thief"

"Hey, don't say that about him.  That's not cool"

"Why not?   He once made fun of somebody for thinking the earth was flat."

"Yeah but that's not the same thing as accusing someone of a crime"

"Yeah but his friends made a joke about stealing something, same thing, right?"

8 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

If your "joke" causes someone to receive death threats, it's not a joke.

Everything causes death threats these days.    About 15 years ago, during the 2010 election when the nutjob Republican Sharron Angle (who would be tame now) was running for Senate in Nevada said my hometown was under Sharia law I went to a a few You Tube videos claiming the same thing and simply stated in the comments section that Dearborn was not under Sharia Law and I got responses threatening me with death and my email inbox got flooded with so many threatening emails that I had to end that account.