3/28 @ 1:05 Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Just got a text from my dad.  "I've already had my fill of Morris for the year."

When I was playing, we all knew how to play the game.  Young pitchers today can all throw 100 MPH, but they don't know how to pitch like I did.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw Victor Reyes not only hit a HR but it was an absolute bomb, perhaps this offseason's 25lb of muscle is the 25lb of muscle that finally does get him to develop some HR power.  

yeah - that was about as far as I've seen a ball hit to right at Lakeland.

8 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I still really don't get people's desire to bring Reyes over Hill, but idk

Reyes, given his body, has some power potential you'd think. We know Hll has none. I really think its six of one half a dozen of the other

With Pineda and Peralta unable to start the season, Woodbury is almost surely right on the pitchers.  I hadn't really thought about Garneau, but I suppose it gives them some flexibility if they want to play Hasse at other positions frequently.  

Edited by Tiger337

12 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

With Pineda and Peralta unable to start the season, Woodbury is almost surely right on the pitchers.  I hadn't really thought about Garneau, but I suppose it gives them some flexibility if they want to play Hasse at other positions frequently.  

I can understand Garneau if they are going to be playing Haase around the field.  I'm adverse to using backup Cs around the field much, I guess because of the potential for injury and getting stuck with a nonC behind the plate for a game.  Maybe its unfounded to worry that way, and it really doesn't affect my day-to-day, but these are some of the dumb things that keep me up at night.

On the pitching side, I suppose they look at Hutchison as a multiple innings guy if all pooh breaks loose?  And if it doesn't work out, hopefully he is salvageable enough to bridge he gap until Pineda/Peralta are back?  With rosters being cut down to 26 at some point, I sure hope his agent talked him into renting.

13 hours ago, KL2 said:

Reyes, given his body, has some power potential you'd think. We know Hll has none. I really think its six of one half a dozen of the other

Oddly enough, they both have questions about their bodies.  Can Reyes add & deploy muscle to his long levers?  Can Hill keep his body healthy?

8 minutes ago, casimir said:

Oddly enough, they both have questions about their bodies.  Can Reyes add & deploy muscle to his long levers?  Can Hill keep his body healthy?

I think as of this moment the job is Victor's to lose, which he could still do, but so far he has shown a little more patience and has hit the ball hard in the air, and that is what they wanted from him.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I think as of this moment the job is Victor's to lose, which he could still do, but so far he has shown a little more patience and has hit the ball hard in the air, and that is what they wanted from him.

So, if he is meeting those expectations, that's fine.  The byproduct of Hill & Cameron getting regular playing time in Toledo probably isn't bad.  Its not perfect, because at some point they need to face MLB competition.  But at some point the Tigers are going to need to call up an OF, so it's just a matter of when, not if.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

He will probably have a short leash with those guys waiting in the wings at Toledo. AJ wants production off the bench not just a warmer.