4/4 1:05 Blue Jays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'll live with 75 in 5 for young FB pitcher. Sure he should try to get guys out quicker, but it can't become more important that getting them out at all. You don't want to ruin a guy who can give you a solid 6 trying too hard to turn him into someone who gives you 7.

Yup, Id rather have 6 innings of shutout or 1 run ball than 7 of 2 or 3 if the extra pitches from Ks produces the 1st outcome so be it. 

6 innings of 1 run ball of 7 innings of 2 run ball?  That is an interesting question.  It depends what kind of team you have?  How much can they hit and how deep is your bullpen. 

I also agree though with not wanting to mess with a young pitcher who can get you 6/1 

27 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

6 innings of 1 run ball of 7 innings of 2 run ball?  That is an interesting question.  It depends what kind of team you have?  How much can they hit and how deep is your bullpen. 

I also agree though with not wanting to mess with a young pitcher who can get you 6/1 

They only way to limit PC would be to pitch to contact. That would result into possibly more base runners and more pressure pitches, maybe pushing him down to 5, 5.1 innings... Let him develop and strech his arm out as he goes.

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Wow, Campos crushed that ball

Opposite field no doubter.

And Gibson somewhat called it.  An infield grounder the pitch before was ruled foul after the throw to first for the “out”.  The announcers were confused at first, they were in the middle of a conversation about something.  Anyway, Shepard said something along the lines of “well, it looks like we’ll have do over” to which Gibson responded “it’s another chance for a home run”.  And it happened.

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Does the 6/1 invite a chance of Joe Jimenez to enter the game?  We need more details like that.

• Like 1

The Meadows trade may open the door for Miggy to get cut next year like the Angels did with Pujols just cause he is potentially one more option to put at DH. Aside from how Miggy performs its also going to depend on how other options perform. 

Up until the Meadows trade you really couldn't say we necessarily had any other in house options that were better than Miggy so him playing really wasnt hurting us but with guys like Meadows and Greene added to the mix along with the emergence of Baddoo and Haase suddenly we may have a better bat we could put at DH if Miggy doesn't perform. 

He'll be safe this year for sure but if say anther guy breaks out in the system or we acquire somebody else if Miggy isn't hitting a year from now I think the team will cut bait so they can play the better option. 

Edited by RandyMarsh