4/5 1:05 Tigers @ Yankees

Tigeraholic1

I wonder if everything goes smoothly to start the year in terms of guys being ready to play real games if they will go to shorter spring trainings in the future?

It always seemed like they played too many games and didn't need that much time so this year could just be a confirmation of that. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder if everything goes smoothly to start the year in terms of guys being ready to play real games if they will go to shorter spring trainings in the future?

It always seemed like they played too many games and didn't need that much time so this year could just be a confirmation of that. 

Gibby was talking about that yesterday. He thought it was good for the young players to get an early start this year but the more established guys probably don't need more than 25 games or so.

55 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I think it's the pitchers that need a longer spring training.  I believe position players can get ready pretty quickly.   

• Like 1

Kudos to the Tigers for taking the high road and not telling the real reason, that reason is all the Orioles pitchers suddenly weren't feeling well and not available to pitch after hearing news of the Meadows trade and thinking of facing that potential lineup. None of them wanted to be the ones to get shelled on the last day of camp 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

that's a bummer for the locals/travelers.  the schedule was already condensed.  

This is bullshit. Agree. Traveling down and making lodging accommodations and every other consideration is a time consuming exercise. How about flight plans/tickets? This will be a major pain for those that had planned to attend tomorrows game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1776 said:

This is bullshit. Agree. Traveling down and making lodging accommodations and every other consideration is a time consuming exercise. How about flight plans/tickets? This will be a major pain for those that had planned to attend tomorrows game. 

Absolutely right.  It's ludicrous to say that there isn't enough pitching, both managers are incompetent if they couldn't allocate their supplies properly to meet their commitments.  It is a callous disregard for customers and their families.