2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

i hated jordan poole when he was at michigan and im a michigan fan.  john beilein wasnt a big fan of poole's either.  there's just something about him that seems to rub everyone the wrong way.

that said, everyone knows draymond is an ass hole.  he's been an ass hole forever.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, buddha said:

i hated jordan poole when he was at michigan and im a michigan fan.  john beilein wasnt a big fan of poole's either.  there's just something about him that seems to rub everyone the wrong way.

that said, everyone knows draymond is an ass hole.  he's been an ass hole forever.

he seem to have a smugness about him that was a little off putting

37 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

So glad I can buy that app this year.

Last year I ended up getting DirectTV streaming for $85 a month just to watch Pistons games.  That was on top of YouTubeTV at $84 a month.  So being able to stream games for $20 a month is going to be nice, assuming the app isn't garbage.

Yeah definitely a good deal in that regard it just kinda sucks for somebody like me who is a cable subscriber but would sometimes stream the games if I was at the gym or had some down time when working the late shift. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah definitely a good deal in that regard it just kinda sucks for somebody like me who is a cable subscriber but would sometimes stream the games if I was at the gym or had some down time when working the late shift. 

Your cable company doesn't offer streaming?

DirecTV was stabbing only so I don't see how they could stop it. I mean they don't have to let you on the app but you could still stream it from the DirecTV site.

41 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Unpopular opinion.

If Santa is sliding down your chimney and the Pistons are already out of the playin game, shut it down and tank hard.  Going after Victor or Scoot is worth it.  Even if you miss 3-7 is full of really good prospects.  

Looking at the schedule, it's going to be a pretty rough start to the season. That combined with a bunch of new (and young) pieces means that the record will be terrible come the holidays. I can't argue with your logic, but I get the feeling that there's a little pressure (maybe from Gores, not sure) to win and be more competitive this year, so I can't see them shutting it down.

I'd also question what "shutting it down" means when you're already running a roster of mostly 19-23 year olds. Maybe you could move Bojan and Burks, but I don't think you want to hold Cade and Ivey out of any significant number of games in such crucial development years.

But don't worry, just having Casey at the helm will keep us in the running for a good draft spot.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

The Athletic took the Pistons under 29.5 wins.

having watched some preseason games, i can see why.

its a good number because they might finish slightly over if they dont go full on tank mode late in the year.

cause there are going to be lots of other teams in full on tank mode, that's for sure.

okc might put their entire roster on ir for the whole season and just forfeit.