2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

Not much to dislike about this trade. The Pistons got the better player who fills a bigger need, the better trade chip if need be and clear even more cap space next offseason. Weaver's been killing it the last few trades after a few questionable ones in the past. Confusing trade for Utah but Ainge is a confusing GM (president or whatever his title is over there).

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 2

If he was a trade chip he would have been sent to a contender now.  Skill wise all contenders would want him but his contract makes it pretty difficult to do.  Most contenders are 2-3 guys eating up 90%-110% of the cap and the rest of the roster filled in by guys on the MLE, vet minimums, or cheap rookie deals.  It would be hard for them to trade off $19M in salary to obtain him.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

suspended for a year.  

that was an awfully expensive piece of ass.

They also said his future with the team will be decided at a later date.  So the possibility of being fired is still there.

The guy the Celtics named as his interim replacement has domestic violence charges against him.  

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They also said his future with the team will be decided at a later date.  So the possibility of being fired is still there.

The guy the Celtics named as his interim replacement has domestic violence charges against him.  

Its not a good week for the NBA, is it?

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

ESPN finished their top 100  list.  The top 5 were:

5: Steph

4: Embiid

3: Luka

2: Jokic

1: Giannis

I see Steph at 5 and I think there is no way 4 players are better than him but then you see the 4 ahead of him and its hard to say if he is better than any of them right now. Personally I think Id probably put him ahead of Embiid but not sure I could go any higher.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I see Steph at 5 and I think there is no way 4 players are better than him but then you see the 4 ahead of him and its hard to say if he is better than any of them right now. Personally I think Id probably put him ahead of Embiid but not sure I could go any higher.

it sort of weird in the NBA right now - the big men can dominate statistically in the regular season, but the guard/swing dominated teams can run them off the court in the playoffs. Makes "who is better" an 'it depends' question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw unless I missed somebody Cade was the only Piston to make the list landing in the mid 30s, 1 spot ahead of Mobley for highest ranking for last year's rookies.

From this class Paulo, Jabari and Murray made it the latter of which surprised me cause I thought the talk was that the NBA folks like Ivey more but he didn't make the list. 

26 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Btw unless I missed somebody Cade was the only Piston to make the list landing in the mid 30s, 1 spot ahead of Mobley for highest ranking for last year's rookies.

From this class Paulo, Jabari and Murray made it the latter of which surprised me cause I thought the talk was that the NBA folks like Ivey more but he didn't make the list. 

none of those three should be on the list.

guys with the ball in their hand who can shoot and drive are the best players in the league.  you see it in the playoffs every year.