2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

and what would that list be?

Getting rid of one and done would be a front burner issue for me.

Then a total revamp of t he G-League system.  Give teams the tools they need to develop younger players.  I have no clue how that actually looks though.  At least an extra round in the draft.  Some sort of roster that is 20-22 players big with 15 on the NBA roster and the rest on your G-League team roster.  Give teams a few years of control over young players so there is incentive to develop them.  Just copy/steal from hockey and baseball since both have decent minor league systems.

Less French players.

Smaller regular season schedule.  Expand the playoffs to offset the lost money from less reg season games.  Possibly some expansion of the playin games.  I don't know.

Do away with conferences for playoff seeding.

ESPN ranked the current top 100 players.  Cade landed at #35.

NBArank 2022: Ranking the best players for 2022-23, from 100 to 26

Detroit Pistons | PG

2021 NBArank: 76

Swing skill: Cunningham is a Swiss Army knife, capable of sliding between any of the backcourt positions at 6-foot-6, 220 pounds with a 7-foot wingspan. He's highly switchable and versatile defensively and able to play on or off the ball with his ability to handle, pass and shoot. The soon-to-be 21-year-old should make a jump in his sophomore season, especially from beyond the arc after shooting 31.4% as a rookie.

-- Givony

On 9/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, Deleterious said:

Do away with conferences for playoff seeding.

That's interesting.  This brings up the probability of cross country travel in earlier rounds, but there's also the possibility of Portland vs New Orleans or Memphis in the first round, and that ain't exactly a quick trip either.

I would like to see reracking of the playoff bracket.  Best team remaining faces worst team remaining.  If 1 beats 8, 2 beats 7, 6 beats 3, and 4 beats 5, next round would be 1 vs 6 and 2 vs 4 rather than 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 6.

There's the trade most people were expecting that helps this roster make a little more sense. We had too many Centers and not enough Forwards. Moving Kelly for a vet shooter who plays Forward on an expiring deal is a solid move. And you had to dump Saben anyway to get to 15 players. 

• Like 1

The interesting thing about this move is that Bojan has been a 30 mpg starter for the past 5 seasons. Let the questions begin as to what this does to Casey's lineup, but he does love having a vet in there with the starters and the floor spacing will be a godsend to Cade and Ivey, especially if Stew can also shoot it a bit this season. Much better than the Bagley + Stew combo most people were thinking would happen.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I feel like I'm missing something with the Bogdanovic trade, I know he is getting older and his defense is subpar but to only have to give up Lee and Olynyk for him seems too good to be true. Somebody will probably fail a physical and the trade will be voided.

utah had really fallen behind on their "big white guy" quota.  olynk proved too valuable to pass up.