2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

4 hours ago, buddha said:

pistons will go on a late season run and pick third.

Supposed to be a pretty talented draft. I'd be happy with 3rd, because it means the lottery balls fell in our favor. Despite last night's game, this is not going to be a bottom 5 team this year.

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

He was always going #1.  But it was still nice to see him do it against some guys that will be in the league in a year or two.  I guess dominating Chet in the U19 tournament last year should count for something as well.  

🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I've seen him listed anywhere between 7'2" and 7'4". That would be my biggest worry - guys above 7' 1, 7'2" haven't had great history of holding together physically in the NBA.

he's like durant, only 4 inches taller and with a better accent.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I've seen him listed anywhere between 7'2" and 7'4". That would be my biggest worry - guys above 7' 1, 7'2" haven't had great history of holding together physically in the NBA.

You would be right to be concerned and my money is on him having a short career because of it.  But he is so good you just have to accept it.

This is why I said the team getting #2 might be the actual winner here.  You miss out on a great talent but don't have to deal with his injury concerns.  And as a consolation prize you get Scoot Henderson who would easily go #1 most other years.

Edited by Deleterious

While there may certainly be merit to injuries and plus 7 fters I don't think it's been a big enough sample to prove for sure that they are going to have chronic injuries. 

There have been too many cases of big guys that have little to no major injuries throughout their career for me to think about passing on somebody like Wemby. Perhaps if it was a coin flip between guys I may play on the side of caution and take the smaller player but otherwise I'm going with the more talented player regardless of size. 

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Is he a better prospect than Lebron was?  I am starting to think yes. 

the thing with Lebron is that everyone had known about him from the time he was about 12. Media is a lot faster now but it's still hard to compare how 'inevitable' Lebron seemed after already being on the radar for so long.

40 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Wiggins was probably considered the best prospect since Lebron.

Forgot about Wiggins, he was definitely hyped out of HS but I seem to remember folks cooling on him during his freshmen year of college relatively speaking cause I remember some small section of people talking about possibly taking Jabari Parker over him. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

51 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

No matter what JP was saying, the physical portion of this was all on Draymond. Walked into his face, bumped him with his body, JP pushes him away, and then Draymond escalates it again to the extreme. I hope this shuts up the people in Detroit who think we should go after him this offseason. I don't need that in the in my locker room. Behind Pat Bev, there are few players I dislike more in the league.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Green totally baited him.  But you can't put hands on another man and not be ready to be hit.  

I am guessing Poole is not well liked.  The players mostly just stand there and coaches coming flying in to check on him.

Chatter on the radio was that there is only one contract available between the two of them.....

Well, there ya go. Apparently Draymond thinks it's a cage match and the winner takes the contract. I'm sure sucker punching his smaller teammates makes up for his age and basketball shortcomings, while putting him in high demand all around the league. The Warriors are probably clamoring to make sure they give him an extra-lucrative contract as soon as possible :classic_rolleyes:

Woj said that Wemby is the best prospect to ever come in to the NBA and from what he is hearing from folks around the league that there are going to be a bunch of teams trying to tank to try to get a chance at him. Reason I bring it up is that our roster may be bad enough on its own to tank without trying but I don't get the vibe that we are going to try to lose so if other teams do have that mindset particularly in the East could we possibly sneak into the play in game despite our flaws? 

Maybe, but I don't see any of these teams looking to drop into a tank unless one of their stars suffers a major injury: Milwaukee, Philly, Boston, Miami, Brooklyn, Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, Atlanta, NY, Washington

That's 11 teams and only 10 make it.

I think it just means that the bottom 4 or 5 in each conference are going to be sitting players or trading away assets to tank harder.