2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

47 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The NBA is going to play a preseason game in United Arab Emirates.  Did Liberty Media just buy the NBA?

NBA Announces Bucks, Hawks To Play 2022 Preseason Games In Abu Dhabi

homosexuality is punishable by death in the uae.  abortion is also a crime, even if its rape or incest.  i wonder if steve kerr will speak out against the nba doing business with such a country.  maybe he'll check with his brother first?

Really not interested in Brunson. Can you imagine a lineup of Cade, Brunson, Bey, Paolo, and Stewart? That will easily be the least athletic lineup in the entire NBA.

On top of the lack of athleticism, I've been watching Brunson in the playoffs and he looks more like a sixth man of the year candidate to me. The kind of guy you bring off of your bench, give him the ball, and let him go to work while everyone else stands around watching him on offense, because he doesn't bring much else and isn't an off the ball player.

Only 17% of his shots were catch and shoot. 29% of his shots come off of 7+ dribbles and another 34% come off of 3-6 dribbles. He pounds the the ball and creates offense for himself. Great for the Mav's "your turn, my turn" offensive system...and probably something Casey would love since that's his offensive scheme as well (see Toronto), but not what I want to see for this team.

On top of that, it seems like they want to be a switch everything defensive team like Boston and Miami. Ok, but you have to have switchable personnel for that scheme to work. We saw how bad that was with a tiny guy like CoJo last year - teams just targeted him every time down the court - and Brunson is 2" shorter.

I just don't see how paying him 25M a year is going to help this team be better. If we don't land Jabari, I really hope we wind up with one of the athletic guards (Sharpe, Ivey, Mathurin) so we don't feel compelled to pursue Brunson. Of course, from what JEIII has been saying the organization is really high on Murray, so even if we fall out of the top 3, we may wind up taking Murray over one of those guards anyway.

• Like 1

Betrayer summed it up well.

Another thing, Dallas isn't letting him go.  Teams over the cap like Dallas cant afford to let guys go for nothing since they wont have cap space to replace him.  He is a second round pick, so there are different rules for Dallas matching.  I don't think they can just match a max offer.  But I imagine they will match as much as the rules allow.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, buddha said:

the bulls pretty much have to offer him the max or he'll walk.  i wonder if new management has the stones to let him leave?

Maybe max money per year on less than max years.

New TV contract coming in 2-3 years.  You sell him on that and how good it would be to become a free agent then and sign a much bigger deal do to the cap going up because of the new TV deal.

16 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Maybe max money per year on less than max years.

New TV contract coming in 2-3 years.  You sell him on that and how good it would be to become a free agent then and sign a much bigger deal do to the cap going up because of the new TV deal.

rumor is lavine might go to portland.

if the bulls lose lavine, they wont be very good.  they lost a lot to injury this year and that killed them, but when lavine wasnt 100% they still had derozan playing better than he ever has and vucevic and they were very bad.

22 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I don't think Portland has the cap space.  So maybe if he does want to go there then Chicago could work out a sign and trade and get some value back.

that would be the play.  not sure what portland could give them back, but if he really wants to leave that would be a way to make sure the bulls dont get stiffed.

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

If I was Portland I give up a first but a future one.  Then use this years to trade for another player.  If they are going all in, then actually go all in and don't half ass it.

they already owe the bulls a protected first.