2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

A nice balance between the two would have been great, because now they've swung too far the other way. Although I enjoyed watching my team crush people on defense, I think 70 pt games are a bit of a slog. But 120 pt games where nobody can play defense without sending someone to the line are no fun either.

• Like 1

I never cared one way or another about the score as long as the games are close. Same thing with other sports, a close competitive game is what attracts me whether th scoring is low or high doesn't matter to me.

I will say though as just a causal hockey fan at best and watching a few of this year's playoff games I have enjoyed the steroid era baseball scores of some of the games. 

I've heard Bogdanovic and 16 as the rumored return. I'd do it.

You avoid paying Grant 25M a year for four years and maintain cap flexibility for a team that's still finding its stars. Pistons are leaning towards Murray, who will replace Grant for a fraction of the price. Bogdanovic can space the floor and has just 2 years left on his deal, which expires when you have to pay Bey/Stewart. Plus you can probably get a solid player at 16 depending upon who drops.

I expect whatever trade the Pistons make will happen on draft night when we know who we get at #5 and who may be left around the time that the other team is picking.

I'm curious to see what you guys think of Ayton and what you'd be willing to give up in a S&T scenario since the Pistons are rumored to be on the short list of teams that could be in on him.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of giving a max contract to a pure #5 that only scores from the mid range in. He's essentially a better defending Bagley which is a really good player and I think he'd be a great fit with Cade (as would most players) but I think I'd rather pay Bagley a little more than a third of what Ayton will be making and use that extra money to bring in an athletic wing/guard. Then there's the question of what it would cost in the sign and trade. Grant+5? Grant+Bey? Maybe not that much but I don't think it will come cheap.

Edited by NYLion