2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

No thanks. I don't want to max a drop coverage Center and I certainly don't want to add insult to injury by giving away assets in a sign and trade in order to have the privilege of maxing a Center.

Give me someone like Mitchell Robinson instead (if we don't wind up getting the #7 pick and Duren). Most of the production at 1/3rd of the cost and we wouldn't have to give up assets on top of the cost.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, Betrayer said:

No thanks. I don't want to max a drop coverage Center and I certainly don't want to add insult to injury by giving away assets in a sign and trade in order to have the privilege of maxing a Center.

Give me someone like Mitchell Robinson instead (if we don't wind up getting the #7 pick and Duren). Most of the production at 1/3rd of the cost and we wouldn't have to give up assets on top of the cost.

I don’t like it either but I think there’s a very strong chance they blow the bank on Ayton.  

this is not the year to be blowing the bank on any free agent.

use your cap space to acquire some future assets.  blow it next year.

i also assume a lot of these rumors of pistons interest in these guys is coming from agents because the pistons have cap space.

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

this is not the year to be blowing the bank on any free agent.

use your cap space to acquire some future assets.  blow it next year.

i also assume a lot of these rumors of pistons interest in these guys is coming from agents because the pistons have cap space.

The challenge is that everyone will be clearing space for next year.  It will be a very crowded market.    This year not so much.  

Edited by Hongbit

Just now, Hongbit said:

The challenge is that everyone will be clearing space for next year.  It will be a very crowded market.    This year is not so much.  

challenge accepted, cause i dont want them giving max money to deandre ayton or jalen brunson.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, buddha said:

And "journalists" because you have to have something to talk about.

All it takes is one guy to write an article saying, "Pistons have cap space, could they be interested in Ayton?", and the next day every podcast and "writer" is saying that Detroit has been "linked" to Ayton.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, Betrayer said:

This.

The best thing about the NBA CBA is there is always a way around a rule.

If they want they can trade #5 right now since it didn't go to Houston this year.  They might have to wait till draft night to do it though.  Phoenix could ask for the right to swap picks the next X amount of years.  That gets around the rule by giving Detroit the Phoenix pick, meaning Detroit still has a first round pick.  Phoenix could simply ask for the player we draft at #5.  That seems steep for a S&T but without cap space Phoenix holds all the cards.