2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

3 hours ago, Betrayer said:

He was already looking like a train wreck with throwing his mouth guard at a fan and his drug using social media posts. And now this.

I'm happy that Weaver has chosen to build a team of good character players that I can enjoy rooting for.

Based on his rap video, seems like a classy guy...

47 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Nets did everything Durant wanted and he still asks to be traded. 

It's getting tiring these stars demanding to be traded every couple years because things don't go their way. 

harden was even worse!  

love watching these things blow up in their faces.

next up: watching the sixers implode after morey signs harden to a six year extension only to watch him eat himself out of the league halfway through the contract.

5 minutes from the Finals with a home grown team...nah, let me go join the team that beat us for an easy championship instead. Now he wants to go the #1 seeded Suns. Classic Durant. How many more bridges will he burn before he's done?

Between him, Harden, and Kyrie, it was nice having almost all of the players I hate on the Nets for a while. Spreading them out is going to make it harder to root for a team in the playoffs next year.

• Haha 1

Durant is an interesting situation.  A player of his caliber be available with 4 years left on his contract and without a no trade clause.  Not sure we have ever had this happen.  NJ can deal him anywhere and he has almost no say other than threatening not to play.  But he misses out on 4 years and $50M a year doing that.

Probably the most controversial contract so far.  People seem to be losing their mind about the $87M numbers.  But over 5 years that is $17.5M per year which is less than 15% of your cap space.  For a guy that scores 15+ ppg and plays good defense.

Good value now IMO and looks like a steal if Dort can up his three point shooting a couple of points.

52 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

My issue with the Bagley deal is Detroit negotiated against itself.  He is restricted so let him bring you an offer then match it.  I think the odds of a team making him an offer were pretty small.

Wasn’t the issue his $28 mil cap hold that may have delayed at least one of the Knicks deals?

The Bagley contract is a bit of an overpay but not anything egregious. He's a pretty well rounded post scorer so if he improves his defense, the contract won't be an issue.

My only problem is that they have all these bigs but none of them are floor stretchers outside of Olynyk who is old as dirt and oft injured. Looking at a Bagley, Stewart and Duren frontcourt long term and I can't see a fit unless Stewart starts hitting that 3 with more consistency.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Meh.  Better if year 3 is a team option.

I have no idea if this is a good deal.  I agree with your meh reaction though.  The Pistons will be playing him at power forward the next three years and I am not all that excited about have two big guys on the court that can't shoot.

34 minutes ago, buddha said:

all these moves are meh.

i thought we were moving the cap space to next summer?

They are. They're going to have around $60m cap space as it looks now. The only multi-year commitment they made was Bagley and that was fully expected.

Meh is good, who the hell wants to splurge in this free agent market?