2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

7 hours ago, Betrayer said:

They didn't do it for a #7, #1, #16, or #19 pick. Zero chance he just gets stashed in the G-League all year as some are suggesting or only gets Darko minutes in a season where the only expectation is that you develop the young core of this team. He'll be getting 10-18 mpg by no later than the All Star break. If he spends a game or two with the Cruise, it won't be for long. Save that stuff for guys like Saben or Garza who may never make it in the league. You want this kid practicing, travelling, being around the big boys, and getting spot minutes while you acclimate him for the first half of the season so he can play solid rotation minutes after the All-Star break.

"all year" is over-stating it but I could see it happening more than half the year.  

I think Duren will be with the Pistons for the most part.

With the team, learning their schemes, practicing with them, and probably not getting a whole lot of playing time. And there isn't a whole lot of practice time when the season starts either.

Which means when there's a chance to send him to the MCC, they will. WAG is 12-to-15 games starting for the MCC when the opportunity arises, in the first half of the NBA season. Otherwise, he's with the team... travelling with them and everything.

Just my opinion.

About halfway into the season, or maybe even earlier... his playing time (with the Pistons) will start moving up and he won't be sent out anymore... after earning his regular rotation time. Just a guess...

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Giddey and 3 firsts, who says no? Durant, SGA, Dort, Chet among others could be a damn good squad! Not sure if the Nets would qualify Giddey as a "young star" though.  Don't know if they still have their picks but if they do the Raptors could be another option if they are willing to part with Barnes. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Sources: Nets Set Steep Price for Possible Kevin Durant Trade

“Brooklyn’s asking price, rival executives familiar with the situation told Sports Illustrated, is steep: two All-Star caliber talents and a cache of draft picks,” Mannix wrote. “If a team doesn’t have that, one exec said, the response has been ‘well go out and get it.’”

6 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

I'm astonished at how little value 1st round picks really are in the NBA..... 3 first rounders for one player. Heck a trade was just made where 4 first rounders were invovled! Thats crazy to me.  You should be able to draft someone's replacement in one of those picks I'd think........

It brings to mind the concept that was floated about draft slots going around to teams based on a 30 year cycle rather than winning percentage & lottery.  How fun would that be to implement now with 1sts being tossed around like candy at a parade?

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

He also saw double teams (and triple teams) more than any other rookie (and most stars in the league).

It's ok, this year we're going to fix that with all this shooting and spacing we added around him...oh wait, having to cover all the PF and C minutes between 5 Centers that can't shoot doesn't solve this problem?

Edited by Betrayer

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Knox is a pretty good player as long as you don't ask him to score, shoot, rebound, pass, or play defense.

His career to date is less than inspiring, no argument.  But I don’t mind taking a chance on him given his career his been in New York and he’s still plenty young.  It’s a reasonable enough deal, if he doesn’t improve, it’s a dumpable contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casimir said:

His career to date is less than inspiring, no argument.  But I don’t mind taking a chance on him given his career his been in New York and he’s still plenty young.  It’s a reasonable enough deal, if he doesn’t improve, it’s a dumpable contract.

Ditto.

Can we kill the scroll please? 

It made sense when we all weren't connected to the world via our phones.  But now it makes no sense at all.  The right and left sides are pure advertising for most stations.  I don't care how, charge me an extra $10 a month, whatever.  Just get it off my TV.

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not the Pistons summer league roster will consist of Cade, Saddiq, Stew, Hayes, Livers, Lee and Jaden Ivey. Yeah it's surprising to see our starters in summer league but I guess Casey and Weaver said they just want to give them a little game time action to together, James Edwards says that from what he can gather it will only be like for a one half. 

Also if you're wondering why Duren isn't on the roster I guess he can't be named to it until the deal officially goes through, same with 2nd round pick Gabriel Procida who was part of the Grant trade. 

First game is July 7th at 12 and will be on ESPN.