2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

6 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Nets did everything Durant wanted and he still asks to be traded. 

It's getting tiring these stars demanding to be traded every couple years because things don't go their way. 

Yeah it is frustrating as hell to me. I don't mind so much when it's somebody like Lillard in Portland, Lebron his first time in Cleveland(left in FA but overall point is the same) or even Matthew Stafford with the Lions where you play for an inept franchise for years and you do all you can for them but it just doesn't seem to be happening so you want to move on but nowadays these guys play on talented teams but the first sign of a little adversity they bitch and want out instead of you know actually trying to overcome it.  

• Like 1

Bagley deal isn’t my favorite. Love everything else Troy has done this summer and it’s only a slight overpay in my eyes, so not terrible or anything. Would feel better if it was a third year team option. 

My real concern is the logjam of young guys who need development in the front court (Stew, Duren, Bagley). They’re going to try to fit one or two of them at PF but I’m not sure any of them belong at that position in a league where you need to be able to space the floor at PF and guard smalls.

I’d rather see Bey or Livers at the 4, but then how do you find minutes for three young guys who need to develop along with a couple of vets (Olynyk, Noel) on top of that? Too many options for Casey to screw up the lineup is a bad thing. 

Edited by Betrayer

54 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They are. They're going to have around $60m cap space as it looks now. The only multi-year commitment they made was Bagley and that was fully expected.

Meh is good, who the hell wants to splurge in this free agent market?

i didnt want them to do anything.  i'm fine with it, but its a lot to pay for bagley.  knox on a nothing deal is fine.  taking on salary for draft picks is fine (even if i think they gave up too much in one deal and didnt get enough back in the other...but i dont really know what was achievable).

18 hours ago, Betrayer said:

He was already looking like a train wreck with throwing his mouth guard at a fan and his drug using social media posts. And now this.

I'm happy that Weaver has chosen to build a team of good character players that I can enjoy rooting for.

she posted receipts on twitter.  pics and the hospital discharge papers.

miles is in big trouble now.

Perhaps it's recency bias and the fact that when I actually watched him he and the team played well but I'm fine with the Bagley contract. It may be a slight overpay but 12 million a year isn't all that much these days, especially with the cap going up every year so if he can maintain his play over the last 2 months of the season with the Pistons I think it will be well worth it. 

Dude had the nerve to post this a couple weeks ago all the while abusing his significant other.  The NBA should "Deshaun Watson him" and make a major example to show that this type of behavior won't be tolerated. 

Edit: just realized it was from June 16th of 2020 not this past June 16th but still my point still stands. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Thanks 1

Gary Payton II going to the Blazers. Much like I have with the former Patriots in the NFL I'm always skeptical of how former Warriors will perform away from that system and coaching staff but if he can maintain his level of play this could be an underappreciated offseason acquisition for the Blazers.  

10 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Bagley deal isn’t my favorite. Love everything else Troy has done this summer and it’s only a slight overpay in my eyes, so not terrible or anything. Would feel better if it was a third year team option. 

My real concern is the logjam of young guys who need development in the front court (Stew, Duren, Bagley). They’re going to try to fit one or two of them at PF but I’m not sure any of them belong at that position in a league where you need to be able to space the floor at PF and guard smalls.

I’d rather see Bey or Livers at the 4, but then how do you find minutes for three young guys who need to develop along with a couple of vets (Olynyk, Noel) on top of that? Too many options for Casey to screw up the lineup is a bad thing. 

I suspect injuries and bringing Duren along slowly will reduce the logjam on the frontcourt.

By the way.  Emoni Bates decided to transfer to EMU this week.  It sounds like a lot of the bigger programs didn't really want him.  

He can still turn things around with a good year at Eastern.  But another lackluster year and he might have to go back to school for a third year.  Or warm that passport up.  And I don't mean Toronto is drafting him.

Just now, Deleterious said:

By the way.  Emoni Bates decided to transfer to EMU this week.  It sounds like a lot of the bigger programs didn't really want him.  

He can still turn things around with a good year at Eastern.  But another lackluster year and he might have to go back to school for a third year.  Or warm that passport up.  And I don't mean Toronto is drafting him.

headcase with a headcase dad.

Yeah that's actually what I expect them to do or atleast I hope they do. He may have alot of potential especially defensively but he is still extremely raw, I think for the benefit of him he needs to get regular minutes but at the same time he probably isn't ready to do that at the NBA level.  I don't want him out there looking like crap and being overmatched, I'd rather him work on things against lesser talent and in a less pressured environment.  I also don't want him to be a Darko and just ride the bench and only come in late in games for garbage time, I don't think that will do him any good. 

Moving the Cruise to Detroit was a great move for the organization.  It opened up a ton of possibilities for player development with them right down the street.

Not that GR was a great distance or anything.  But sending a guy 5 minutes down the road to a practice is much easier than the 4 hour round trip to GR.

It sounds great in theory, but I don't see it happening. Even with all their talk about the MCC being a "partner", they haven't sent a first round pick, let alone a lotto pick, down to the G-League yet (outside of injury recovery). I'd be surprised if it happened unless Duren looks unplayable, which would be rare for a front-court player with his athleticism. I'm sure he can immediately come in and grab some rebounds and block some shots.

More likely Noel will be hurt after five minutes of play, or people will start to realize why they call him "No Hands Noel".

Also, I think I recall us having conversations about a crowded front-court in previous years...and then suddenly those guys started to disappear before the season...Weaver may not be done with moves. Someone like Kelly O could help a contender - or simply get cut and stretched as Troy loves to do with big men.

He wasn't a lottery pick but didn't Sekou spend quite a bit of time with the Drive his rookie year? I know he played with us too but I seem to recall him spending time there, if so he was only picked a couple spots after Duren and like him was really young so there is a little bit of precedent. And it's not like it would be set in stone, if guys go down or his game advances quickly you could always bring him up to play.  

7 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Different front office. 

So because they didn't in 2 seasons with Cade, Bey, Stewart and Killian, they aren't going to ever do it?  Of those, the only potential one would have been Killian, but even he was starting his rookie year and getting the playing time.  Maybe Stewart at the start of his rookie year?  But he was getting consistent time pretty early as well.  I don't think you can judge what they will do with Duren just because they didn't do it the last 2 years with those 4 who got consistent playing time basically from the start.

I'd like to apologize on suggesting Miles Bridges.   In my defense, I didn't know he beats his wife.  He's done.   Broke her nose and wrist, ruptured her eardrum and she's got bruises all over, blood coming from her ear, a concussion, and that's just recent injuries.   Fuck that guy.   The NBA should ban him for life.    I don't think this is some kind of hoax.  He should go to prison, but probably won't because he's rich. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'd like to apologize on suggesting Miles Bridges.   In my defense, I didn't know he beats his wife.  He's done.   Broke her nose and wrist, ruptured her eardrum and she's got bruises all over, blood coming from her ear, a concussion, and that's just recent injuries.   Fuck that guy.   The NBA should ban him for life.    I don't think this is some kind of hoax.  He should go to prison, but probably won't because he's rich. 

I agree, not that any kind of abuse is ok but reading between the lines of her post this doesn't sound like just a momentarily lapse in judgement in a heat of an argument where he hit her and immediately regretted  and had remorse for it, that a lone is uncalled for but doing it repeatedly over the course of the relationship takes it to a whole different level and should be punished to the furthest extent possible. 

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I will probably wait to hear his side of things.

True but unless the injuries she showed came from some other accident or it wasn't him she was talking about cause atleast from what I read she didn't mention him by name, perhaps she was in some side relationship otherwise I don't know how this can possibly be excused.  

Edited by RandyMarsh

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

True but unless the injuries she showed came from some other accident or it wasn't him she was talking about cause atleast from what I read she didn't mention him by name, perhaps she was in some side relationship otherwise I don't know how this can possibly be excused.  

What if she attacked him first?

What if he pays her off?  That is what Billups did and he is worshiped on this board.  

Lifetime ban?  Not happening.  The league has a head coach in Dallas that was actually convicted of beating his wife and he still works.