2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

The Suns matched the offer which all but insures they are out of the KD sweepstakes cause Ayton can't be traded till Jan 15th now.

Maybe Durant will agree to start the year in Brooklyn and they can facilitate a trade in January but otherwise I don't see how the Suns can come up with the necessary assets to get him without selling off the pieces that make KD want to go there to begin with. 

25 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Such a Knicks thing.  Giving up all that for a guy who is not a #1 option and isn't even a top 20 player.

Not familiar with the journalist.  But Jazz fans say he is a very reliable Jazz beat reporter.

SIX 1st round picks ? !!!!!!

It's quite a few ifs but if Stewart has found a decent 3pt stroke, Cade becomes consistent outside like most expect and Ivey can be atleast average from deep I think the team will have enough shooting to be halfway decent. Again those are 3 IFs but if it happens you would have them 3 along with Bey, Livers, Burks and Olynyk(assuming he stays in the rotation) as average to plus outside shooters in the rotation. 

That would really only leave Bagley, Killian and Diallo as non threats and even Diallo shot 39% 2 years ago so perhaps he could find that stroke again.  Of course if those things don't happen and Bey shoots like he did the first couple months last season then we will be in big trouble but the optimist in me doesn't think that is gonna happen. 

is there a point to summer league now?  no one of consequence is playing anymore.

seems like the teams have decided to get their rookies properly prepared for the regular season by sitting them in 1/3 of the games...just like in the regular season.

load managment.

• Thanks 1

So...

I was just checking contracts to see what we already have/ don't have (I wasn't paying my usual amount of attention so I was a little bit behind on this):

Braxton Key is signed this year on a 2-way contract (good).

Stan Umude is on an Exhibit-10 contract so auto-invite to Training Camp (good).

Buddy Boeheim is the other two-way.

Jules Bernard looks better. But no commitment to him at this point at all.

Let's swap those last two...

It's an easy answer. KD has no heart.

He'll never be one to build a winner, be a leader, or rally guys around him. OKC was 5 minutes away from the finals and a probable championship, but why fight back against the team that beat you when it's just easier to jump sides and get a ring the easy way. Things getting a little awkward in the locker room in GS? OK, easier to just leave and go where the grass might be greener. In BKN and the soil is a little rocky. Now it's on you to seed and mow to create that green grass...nope, time to bail again So, once again, it's time for KD to move on to somewhere where the grass looks greener without him having to put forth the effort to make it green.

This is KD. Look up the word "weak" in the encyclopedia and you'll find a picture of him...if anyone still has an encyclopedia.

18 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

It's an easy answer. KD has no heart.

He'll never be one to build a winner, be a leader, or rally guys around him. OKC was 5 minutes away from the finals and a probable championship, but why fight back against the team that beat you when it's just easier to jump sides and get a ring the easy way. Things getting a little awkward in the locker room in GS? OK, easier to just leave and go where the grass might be greener. In BKN and the soil is a little rocky. Now it's on you to seed and mow to create that green grass...nope, time to bail again So, once again, it's time for KD to move on to somewhere where the grass looks greener without him having to put forth the effort to make it green.

This is KD. Look up the word "weak" in the encyclopedia and you'll find a picture of him...if anyone still has an encyclopedia.

there is a subsection to that entry in the encyclopedia that says "weak and fat" and there is a picture of james harden.