2022 Pistons Offseason

Deleterious

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

What if she attacked him first?

What if he pays her off?  That is what Billups did and he is worshiped on this board.  

Lifetime ban?  Not happening.  The league has a head coach in Dallas that was actually convicted of beating his wife and he still works.

I agree that he definitely isn't going to get a lifetime ban but unless there is some real logical explanation he should definitely get a severe penalty. As far as possibly getting attacked first even if that is the case he is a 6'7 250lb professional athlete, he should have no problem subduing the situation without beating her half to death.  

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I guess they had no choice but that's insane but I suppose I have to get used to contracts like that in this day and age. Just like Bradley Beal getting 5/252, great player but not somebody worth paying 50 million a year for. 

So the Knicks signed Mitchell Robinson to his rookie extension.  That is the first player that the Knicks have drafted and signed to his rookie extension since Charlie Ward in the mid 90's.

I still say the Knicks are the worst run organization in sports after you consider the resources available to them.

if he beat her, he probably deserves jail time but not to be banned from his profession for life.  that's for the criminal justice system to work out.

of course, back here in the real world, he'll likely get some kind of suspension pending the results of the criminal case.  and he just cost himself million of dollars.  but you know, look at his music video, he's just out here keepin' it real...

45 minutes ago, 4hzglory said:

So because they didn't in 2 seasons with Cade, Bey, Stewart and Killian, they aren't going to ever do it?  Of those, the only potential one would have been Killian, but even he was starting his rookie year and getting the playing time.  Maybe Stewart at the start of his rookie year?  But he was getting consistent time pretty early as well.  I don't think you can judge what they will do with Duren just because they didn't do it the last 2 years with those 4 who got consistent playing time basically from the start.

They didn't do it for a #7, #1, #16, or #19 pick. Zero chance he just gets stashed in the G-League all year as some are suggesting or only gets Darko minutes in a season where the only expectation is that you develop the young core of this team. He'll be getting 10-18 mpg by no later than the All Star break. If he spends a game or two with the Cruise, it won't be for long. Save that stuff for guys like Saben or Garza who may never make it in the league. You want this kid practicing, travelling, being around the big boys, and getting spot minutes while you acclimate him for the first half of the season so he can play solid rotation minutes after the All-Star break.

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I guess they had no choice but that's insane but I suppose I have to get used to contracts like that in this day and age. Just like Bradley Beal getting 5/252, great player but not somebody worth paying 50 million a year for. 

they had no choice.  the bulls went all in on this team last year.  now they have to try to pay someone to take vucevic off their hands.

I remember pre draft Greg Doyle who is an Indy writer was tweeting stuff like "The Pacers are going to get a franchise altering move for Brogdon", Unless Nesmith breaks out and/or Boston gets battered by injuries and the pick ends up being good I don't think this is going to be franchise altering. 

17 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

They didn't do it for a #7, #1, #16, or #19 pick. Zero chance he just gets stashed in the G-League all year as some are suggesting or only gets Darko minutes in a season where the only expectation is that you develop the young core of this team. He'll be getting 10-18 mpg by no later than the All Star break. If he spends a game or two with the Cruise, it won't be for long. Save that stuff for guys like Saben or Garza who may never make it in the league. You want this kid practicing, travelling, being around the big boys, and getting spot minutes while you acclimate him for the first half of the season so he can play solid rotation minutes after the All-Star break.

If they truly only care about developing the young guys and are committed to playing him 10-18mpg while working on things he may need work then by all means do it but I don't think that is their mindset. I think they very much are going to play to win games and I don't think that is the best scenario for a raw prospect to develop. That means for starters if he isn't performing off the bat they are going to give him inconsistent minutes and put him guys that are performing or they are going to only play to his strengths which doesn't help him develop other parts of his game.

I have no doubts that he can come in and be a rim runner but I'm hoping to develop and fine tune his game to be more than just that and I think that would be hard to do on the fly in the NBA where you're trying to win. Yeah if we start off like we did last year and it's clear we are destined for the lottery and management is ok with just giving minutes to all the young guys with the sole purpose of developing them then that is a different story. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I will probably wait to hear his side of things.

Broken nose & wrist, blood coming out of her ear from a ruptured eardrum, multiple bruises... doesn't leave a whole lot of room for the other side of things.

I hear you... just sayin'...

Unless they are all heavily protected that is a great haul. While having talent Minnesota isn't one of those teams that I can say for sure are going to be really good for the foreseeable future. I think they could easily have a year or two where they are in the lottery with a little bad luck so if there are just minimal or no protections on these picks it could end up being really really good for Utah. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

That might be one of the worst trades ever for Minnesota.  

If Gobert fetched that much draft capital what and the hell will Durant fetch? It would have to be centered around current players cause I don't think any team outside of OKC would even have the draft capital to top that even if they traded every 1st round pick that they are allowed to trade. 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would love to see Durant traded back to OKC. 

That would be hilarious. I would like for one of these times a player that demands a trade actually gets traded to a worse situation. I will say that is one of the things I did respect about Blake, I don't believe he demanded a trade nor was he a superstar the level of Durant but he was still a star when we got him and he didn't bitch and moan that he was traded here or threatened to sit out. He gave it his all and tried to make the best out of a bad situation. 

I really hope they trade Durant to the team that gives them the most return (hopefully Sacramento) or plays hard ball and lets him decide if he just wants to sit out. The fact that they stuck their neck and signed a player who was injured for a full year, tried to put a team around him, and now he's demanding a trade because it's not easy enough for him with 4 years left is ridiculous. This needs to stop.

7 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I really hope they trade Durant to the team that gives them the most return (hopefully Sacramento) or plays hard ball and lets him decide if he just wants to sit out. The fact that they stuck their neck and signed a player who was injured for a full year, tried to put a team around him, and now he's demanding a trade because it's not easy enough for him with 4 years left is ridiculous. This needs to stop.

Sacramento was the first team that popped into my head when I heard of the trade demand.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

What if she attacked him first?

What if he pays her off?  That is what Billups did and he is worshiped on this board.  

Lifetime ban?  Not happening.  The league has a head coach in Dallas that was actually convicted of beating his wife and he still works.

I don’t remember the exact backstory of Billups (some kind of sexual misconduct?) but you’re right that a lot of Piston fans just give him a pass for it.  It’s a similar type of pass that the Tiger board gives to Miguel Cabrera for his drunken encounters and siring kids with a side piece. 

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

You can make a decent case for Duren spending the entire year with the MCC.  

Don't forget that he reclassified to attend Memphis early and should have graduated high school last month.  He doesn't turn 19 until Thanksgiving.  

If he's going to be a bench warmer anyway, I would be in full support of this.