4/15 @ 8:10 Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

I remember back in 2010 he IBB'd Cabrera 3 straight games in the 9th, and all 3 times 1B was occupied and he was the winning run which completely went against conventional wisdom. It of course worked out cause Boesch shit the bed all 3 times. I think that was the real genesis of the whole "we need to get Miggy some protection" movement which eventually led to us getting VMart that offseason. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

9 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Just realized the Who Did Miggy Pass thread did not make it over from the old board

That's kind of a shame.  I didn't always check it, but I fully respect and appreciate the diligence that was involved with keeping up with the numbers.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Corey Seager intentionally walked with the bases loaded.

Trout is confused

So, I'm looking at baseball reference box play by play, and it shows that there was a 3-0 count when the intentional walk was authorized.  The pitcher, RH Austin Warren, entered the game the batter before and walked Marcus Semien on 4 straight pitches.  Seager is a LHH (.900 career OPS vs LHPs), and is followed up in the lineup by RHH Mitch Garver (.819 career OPS vs RHPs), so not too much of a difference there that seems worth exploiting while giving up the tying run in the 4th inning. 

I guess if Warren had just thrown 7 straight balls (and I don't know if he was getting squeezed or if he was all over the place, or what happened) and looked like absolute pooh, I can see the thought process if Madden just wanted to get through the mandatory 3 batters and getting Warren out of there by just given up one base per batter rather than risking a bases clearing extra base hit.  But that didn't happen, Warren stayed in the game, faced 7 batters, got only 4 outs, tossed 12 strikes out of 23 pitches, and earned the victory.

13 hours ago, Hart said:

If Skubal ends up looking like an ace this year and Mize ends up disappointing (either thru injury, performance, or both), is that a win for the Tigers?   What is the expected hit rate on top pitching prospects?  If we get 1 front end guy, 1 average starter, and 1 fringe starter/long reliever out of the trio of Mize, Skubal, and Manning, is that okay?  

No.

The only acceptable outcome is 7 straight Cy Young Awards, and all for the Tigers (none of this Scherzer gets his after leaving the Tigers horseshit...).

Mize squeezes in with one at the end and the other 6 are divided evenly by Skubal and Manning, alternating each year. All three finish in the top 10 votes for the award... starting next year. Skubal looks like he'll make it there this year though...