Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Hopefully the GOP funding problem is systemic and not cyclical.

I’m all for the Republican Party going bankrupt, and I think most of us here are, too, at least the Party in its current form. My main concern is that with their backs against the wall and it becoming increasingly clear they can’t fund and win democratic elections, they’ll start acting out in a bid to take power by force. Or do we think they’ll just peacefully accept their fate and retreat into their homes to binge watch Duck Dynasty and NCIS reruns?

• Haha 1

I think there's still plenty of GOP funding it's just not at the RNC.  I suspect their super pacs are still doing well.    I think the GOP is tinkering with new funding mechanisms, for instance Tiny D is subbing out huge portions of his camp pain to super pacs to a level well beyond what we've seen before.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pfife said:

I think there's still plenty of GOP funding it's just not at the RNC.  I suspect their super pacs are still doing well.    I think the GOP is tinkering with new funding mechanisms, for instance Tiny D is subbing out huge portions of his camp pain to super pacs to a level well beyond what we've seen before.

I can see that being true at the Trump level, but what about at the congressional or state level? Could it make a difference? This is not a passive-aggressive question, I’m seriously not certain.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I can see that being true at the Trump level, but what about at the congressional or state level? Could it make a difference? This is not a passive-aggressive question, I’m seriously not certain.

I can't really speak to the state level much but the Michigan GOP is broke as hell like Oblong mentioned.   That could ve for totally other reasons though.

On congressional llevel I believe Cocaine Mitch and MyKevin have monstrous super pacs that they use to fund many candidates 

What?!?!?!  Next thing you'll tell me the party that supports the old, sick, and women had a party official steal from an old women and her Dem AG friend ignored a firewall she setup to make it look like she was being ethical in order to help push this official into a judge position with the help of her Dem governor friend.

The only thing that makes sense here is that they are blurring the faces of employees who work in the Capitol so people don't see them and make wrong assumptions about them being there.  What's so screwed up about this is Johnson trying to create a narrative that he's protecting Trump supporters from being charged for their actions.