The Better Call Saul (Don't look until you're caught up) Thread

I didn't realize it when watching it but somebody on my twitter feed made a great observation about why Gus reacted the way he did at the register. To me I just thought it was to show how his mind was completely elsewhere but in reality it was to show that after asking the guy if he wanted to try their new "Spicy Curls" is when he had his "a ha moment" about where Lalo is heading. The spicy curls was what he featured to the parent company in Germany a season or 2 back when him and all the other owners were talking about what they were thinking of adding to their respective menus. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This was a set-up episode tonight.  Not an exciting episode, but set up a mid-season finale that will probably be great. 

We have not seen Gene Takovic since the first episode of Season 5.     

Three straight set-up episodes I feel like...

21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So they are impersonating this judge to screw with Howard?

I think it is as follows:

Baiting Howard's PI to see Jimmy "bribing" the "judge." Combined with using Huell to drug Howard with the pupil enlarger they got from the vet. All an effort to get Howard to appear to be a lunatic.

I bet they get out of it when the judge is found to have a recent enough injury it doesn't hurt them.

Or maybe Kim gets caught and needs to disappear to Omaha.

1 minute ago, Edman85 said:

I think it is as follows:

Baiting Howard's PI to see Jimmy "bribing" the "judge." Combined with using Huell to drug Howard with the pupil enlarger they got from the vet. All an effort to get Howard to appear to be a lunatic.

I bet they get out of it when the judge is found to have a recent enough injury it doesn't hurt them.

Or maybe Kim gets caught and needs to disappear to Omaha.

I am wondering if the pupil enlarger that gives you a jolt of Red Bull on an empty stomach is Kratom (which I take every day)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I audibly laughed when the scene with the addict taking a piss in Saul's office was followed directly by clothes at the cleaner being dropped out of a chute.

I was laugh because the toilet was in the trash when they were outside. 

im leaning towards Kim going to the vacuum guy. She is smart enough to memorize that number or location.  

The agave tequila bottle cap made another appearance last night.  This season we’ve seen Kim go back to retrieve it when cleaning out her office after quitting her job,  it was lying on the street in that opening scene flash forward to Saul’s abandoned house, and last night when the liquor store cashier made a comment on how sharp the ends were on it.    Very interested to see the role this random object plays in the rest of the story. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:44 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

I am wondering if the pupil enlarger that gives you a jolt of Red Bull on an empty stomach is Kratom (which I take every day)

Same here.

It is in the coffee family. And has the effect of a really super strong caffeinated drink. And maybe a little high. ahem.

2 hours ago, antrat said:

Same here.

It is in the coffee family. And has the effect of a really super strong caffeinated drink. And maybe a little high. ahem.

Like I said, I take it every day and it is a caffeine-like buzz that deadens pain, but it does not enlarge your pupils, but fulminated mercury does not explode (Mythbusters did a Breaking Bad special), so they could take a few liberties. 

The Burt Wonderstone movie got Kratom completely wrong. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

It seems obvious Saul gets a hold of the Vet's black book. The question is how? Does Saul just buy it? Does he steal it? 

He definitely gets it cause when the police was shown tearing apart his house earlier this season one of the items they grabbed was the black book.