The Better Call Saul (Don't look until you're caught up) Thread

22 hours ago, Hongbit said:

They have previously announced that Carole Burnett will appear as a new character named Marion and will be in multiple episodes.    It seems likely she will be in Gene’s timeline.  Maybe she’s the new vacuum cleaner taking over for the late Robert Forrester.  

Jesse's Aunt?    Wait........Update...............his Aunt was named Ginny. 

Carol is too old to play Kim's mom.  

I have snooped around a little bit but haven't looked at any details but I guess tonight's episode will be more intense than the last one.    I find that hard to believe.   Tonight is titled "Fun And Games".  Maybe Marion owns the Lazer Tag business that Saul kept trying to sell to Walt & Skyler.     The title sequences of  Something & Something (Carrot & Stick, Axe & Grind, Plan & Execution) stops with this week.   Next Monday's episode is called "Nippy".

We still have a considerable time jump.  We are currently in about 2004/2005 and Breaking Bad starts in 2008.   If we are to get at least one full Gene episode that means we've got 3-4 years to cover in about 4 episodes.  The longest time jump in Breaking Bad was 6 months (Granite State).    I think we get a big time skip tonight.   

I really think all we'll see of Walt & Jessie is the scene where they were wearing the ski masks and kidnapped him.   We'll get more shots of the drive to the hole in the desert and the drive back to Saul's office and then we'll see a montage of moments from Breaking Bad that takes us right up to Gene.  

Almost feels like Walt & Jessie are being wedged into the story and this show has gotten so good it doesn't even need that. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

I wish when Elton John planned his tour he would have considered not performing on a Monday night because of BCS.  I might try and stay up and watch this when I get home.  Depends how soon I get out of the stadium being on the ground floor.  It might take some time to make our way out.  Didn't have this problem at last week's Crue/Leppard concert as a lot of people left during MC's set as the sound was horrible.

Carol Burnett

- One of the Sandpiper residents

- A Casa Tranquila resident who talks Hector's ear off, thus torturingi him

- Onwer of the Lazer Tag business (episode is titled Fun & Games)

- Oldest meth user in the BB/BCS universe

- Howard Hamlin's mother

I can see her as Howard Hamlin's mother.   Kim and Jimmy do their Meryl Streep and Laurence Olivier thing, then Howard's funeral happens a few weeks later and upon seeing Howard's mother, Kim starts falling apart.  

5 more episodes is still a ton of content.  I doubt there will be a huge time jump.  They may jump it a few months or something.  I do think we should get at least 2 episodes of Gene to tiddy it all up.  Depending on how they do it they may be able to get away with one episode...the final one.

18 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

5 more episodes is still a ton of content.  I doubt there will be a huge time jump.  They may jump it a few months or something.  I do think we should get at least 2 episodes of Gene to tiddy it all up.  Depending on how they do it they may be able to get away with one episode...the final one.

But knowing that Walt & Jessie are appearing in newly-shot scenes kind of implies there has to be a time jump at some point.    As exciting as it is for Breaking Bad fans, I wish they weren't showing up or that we didn't know about it.   I understand why they told us, there were sightings of them in ABQ a the time of BCS filming, so that would have gotten out anyway.   

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Carol Burnett

- Howard Hamlin's mother

I can see her as Howard Hamlin's mother.   Kim and Jimmy do their Meryl Streep and Laurence Olivier thing, then Howard's funeral happens a few weeks later and upon seeing Howard's mother, Kim starts falling apart.  

That’s a very good guess.  

I think we are getting some Kim resolution tonight. Her conscience gets the better of her and Mike catches wind. Remember she saw the vacuum guy's card. I don't know what the resolution is, but by the end of tonight I doubt she is a living, licensed lawyer in good professional and legal standing living in Albuquerque living with/married to Jimmy/Saul.

Edited by Edman85

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I think we are getting some Kim resolution tonight. Her conscience gets the better of her and Mike catches wind. Remember she saw the vacuum guy's card. I don't know what the resolution is, but by the end of tonight I doubt she is a living, licensed lawyer in good professional and legal standing living in Albuquerque living with/married to Jimmy/Saul.

I think that happens in a couple of episodes.  We'll see her fake it for awhile.     I really think Carol Burnett is Howard's mom and they have a service for Howard (remember, his car won't be found for a few weeks) and Marion Hamlin will meet Kim and she'll say something like "Oh Howard really spoke highly of you, he was disappointed you left, he was going to make you a partner one day" and that will just tear Kim to shreds.  

Her two episodes are tonight's "Fun And Games" and next week's "Nippy".  

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

We may see the first cracks in the foundation, I don't think we see the tower that's been built over the course of so many seasons fall in one fell swoop of an episode though.

I too like the theory about Burnett being Hamlin's mother.

By the way,  it the time skip when he is getting ready for work he mentions "another public masterbater"...........Remember, he thought that's why Badger was arrested............so we just jumped to the day he met "Mr. Mayhew".    But he's not wearing the same thing and that is not a detail that would be overlooked by Vince & Peter.     Walt & Jessie should be in the next episode.  

Dedicated to Julia Clark Downs....................looked her up, she was a legal technical advisor on the show.  She was killed in car accident last fall.  

So is that it for Kim?  Do you expect to see her again or is it safe to assume she moved somewhere else and lived happily ever after.    I don’t see any reason for her to call the vacuum cleaner as there is no danger to her at this point.   

I wonder if Kim is done now.  Would they just leave her story like that?  If the jump was a year and a half will they give her 10-15 precious minutes in the next few episodes?  I would assume they would give her a little more screen time...maybe not to completely tie her story in a nice bow, but just to let people know where she went or what path she went down.  It does not look like it will be a good one.  Assuming an addiction of some kind and running with the wrong people...or I mean that was the exact reason she left Jimmy so maybe she ends up clean on the other side, redemption.

That was supposed to be the episode Bob had his heart attack, somewhere in the middle of filming...which does not mean the middle of the episode, wonder what scene it was.

Mike missing his grand daughter and is back trying to finish the lab again.  Gus is the golden goose...of course Lalo was going to let him do his thing, even with Hector going crazy on his bell.

Jimmy and Kim went to a hotel the next day...Mike specifically told them not to do anything different...wonder if that will somehow come back to haunt them.  No SOL on murder.

It feels like it is too late in the game to introduce a completely new character....I wonder if they introduce Hank and Gomez as the guys who got the Howard case...I know they were vice before, but maybe he did some time in homicide.  Where is the tension going to come from....we are close to when the timelines match up to BB and I think the story now is what happens to Gene...we already know why he became Gene, Kim is gone.

It will be interesting to see where they go with the next couple episodes...assuming the last 2 will be all Gene.