The Better Call Saul (Don't look until you're caught up) Thread

Unfortunately I got snoopy and found a spoiler from somebody who saw the screener, and so far it is tracking. 

Still doesn't make it less intense.

I was hoping it was bs though. My own fault for snooping reddit. 

Edited by Edman85

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

God Damn...............that was good.   Only 5 left.      I expect a big time jump. 

There are still loose ends to tie up in the current timeline. Cliff is going to think something is up. The actor that paid the judge likely got fired from Wal Mart and come to Jimmy as promised. Obviously the immediate aftermath of Howard's death.

I keep going back to that seen in the desert from Breaking Bad. Saul said it wasn't me it was Ignacio and didn't Lalo send you. We know now what he means by it wasn't me it was Ignacio and who Lalo is. Seems the natural point to introduce Walt and Jesse. I don't think we are that far before Breaking Bad. Saul didn't enter Breaking Bad until season two after Walt and Jesse had their run in with Tuco and went out on their own. 

37 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

There are still loose ends to tie up in the current timeline. Cliff is going to think something is up. The actor that paid the judge likely got fired from Wal Mart and come to Jimmy as promised. Obviously the immediate aftermath of Howard's death.

I don't think either one of those thing is all that important.  Cliff saw the way Howard was acting.    I think maybe we see a flash forward that shows what the building that was HHM is now.   I predict we jump a year or 18 months in the next episode,  maybe Kim's drinking like her mom.   I think it's still a leap until Walt & Jessie jump into the timeline, so there is going to have to be a jump. 

I can see it now...............Showing the before and after of the HHM building...............the before and after of Saul's office,  the before and after of the lab.   The before and after of the Condo of Death and the ridiculous house Saul lives in (after receiving his settlement money).  Maybe it picks up with Tuco being paroled.     I'm pretty sure Krazy-8 with Hank and Gomie show up again. 

Lyle is a very good employee.  He deserves a big raise.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

I don't think Cliff will raise much fuss, though there could be an interesting bit of dialogue which occurs between him and Jimmy. To everyone on the attorney/outward side of Jimmy and Kim's life, it appears that Howard is in a downward spiral. He sums it up himself in his speech to Jimmy and Kim - his marriage is a mess, he appears to have a worsening addiction to cocaine, he just suffered a massive public embarrassment... Sad to say, but I think they will take it logically, even though it's nowhere near where he actually was mentally.

I think we could have a scene at a vigil, or a funeral, or a search party, where we see Jimmy and Kim have to face the raw emotion of the situation they created, of which they can't tell anyone the truth of what happened.

• Like 1

That might have been the best episode of the series. I had to rewind the shootout because it wasn't clear to me at first what happened.

I love the way Gus can go from being scared shitless to a menacing badass in seconds.  Loved his phone call to the employee.  Mike's tenderness to Howard was good.  He takes responsibility for it after Kim asks "where were you?".  That's why he told the guys to "go easy" when moving him into the grave.  We still got some comedy with Jimmy yelling while bound and gagged as they are leaving.  Lalo knowing Kim was the real heavy in the duo.

I'm interested in the fact the previews/teasers we get are them off screen doing things like brushing their teeth or just getting ready in the morning and calmly talking about their day.

I'm not interested really in knowing where this lines up with BB or whatever.   

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20220708-how-better-call-saul-bettered-breaking-bad

Gilligan stepped back from the writers' room of Better Call Saul after season three, leaving Gould as sole showrunner. He returned for the final season however to write the penultimate script and to direct three episodes, including the season six, part two premiere Point and Shoot. It was during the filming of this episode's opening scene in July 2021 that Bob Odenkirk suffered a heart attack.

"It was just terrible," says Gilligan, who struggles to recall the incident without becoming emotional. "I've learned since that most people survive a heart attack. He had full-on cardiac arrest, which most people do not survive. It was awful. He died right in front of us."

He credits the quick actions of various people, including the on-set emergency medical technician, for saving Odenkirk's life. "They saved his life right in front of me," he says. "I'm standing there like an idiot. I don't know what to do. Just completely useless… We were sure he wasn't going to make it." After being rushed to hospital, Odenkirk made a full recovery (possibly, suggests Gilligan, because he was in such good shape from filming action movie Nobody). "We didn't even know at that point if we were ever going to finish the show or not," he says, "but knowing he was going to survive helped an awful lot. Those were some very dark days."

Odenkirk returned to set a few weeks later, to complete the scene that he had left unfinished. "It’s a very dramatic scene near the beginning of the episode," says Gilligan. "Two thirds of it was shot before he had a cardiac arrest, a third of it after. I defy you to notice the difference."

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I could see Kim dying by overdose 

Here's the thing though  (and sorry, it's in the thread title, don't watch if you haven't caught up)

Main Cast

Saul Goodman - Still Alive present day (we think)
Mike Ehrmentraut - Died on screen - BB
Gustavo Fring - Died on screen - BB
Howard Hamelin - Died on screen - BCS
Nacho Varga - Died on screen - BCS
Hector Salamanca - Died on screen - BB
Lalo Salamanca  - Died on screen - BCS
Chuck McGill - Died on screen (sort of) - BCS

They've killed off so many people that i have a feeling it's a different fate for Kim.   She IS very much alive right up in the Gene timeline and I have a feeling Gene, before he ends things, will set something right for her - even if it kills him.    

I think something bad happens to Kim, but I see it as humiliation, loss of license, alcoholism.   Kind of turns into her mom in a really sad way.  

Remember the teaser after Howard's death   "So.....after all that,  a happy ending?"    I think the happy ending is something Gene does to save Kim or help Kim get her life back.   I don't think Jimmy/Saul/Gene gets a happy ending - he sure doesn't deserve one. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

“Gene” called the vacuum cleaner guy from Omaha after he’d got made by the cab driver in the mall, so he has to go back to the same spot in Albuquerque for his new identity.  What are the chances he picks up Kim, who’s still in town trying to live down her recent past somehow, while he’s there? I don’t believe he mentioned her to the vacuum cleaner guy, though …

They have previously announced that Carole Burnett will appear as a new character named Marion and will be in multiple episodes.    It seems likely she will be in Gene’s timeline.  Maybe she’s the new vacuum cleaner taking over for the late Robert Forrester.