The Better Call Saul (Don't look until you're caught up) Thread

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

So is that it for Kim?  Do you expect to see her again or is it safe to assume she moved somewhere else and lived happily ever after.    I don’t see any reason for her to call the vacuum cleaner as there is no danger to her at this point.   

Gene living in her home state can't be a coincidence.

7 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I think the next episode or two are going to be what I expected this show would be when it was announced.

you think like just saul being saul and no attempts to close anything out or tie up loose ends... just shenanigans?  Then we move to Gene.

I saw a snippet of the paywalled Rolling Stone piece that says Gould/Gilligan didn't set out for this to be a Jimmy and Kim show but the actors and characters were so good that they had no choice but to go that way.  

I remember in Breaking Bad when Saul first went into hiding and he saw his new fake license and he asks "what's in Nebraska?" and the vacuum guy goes "you are." It doesn't seem like Saul requested to go to Nebraska and it seems more like a coincidence, however, I expect Kim and Gene to reunite in someway in Omaha. 

14 minutes ago, oblong said:

you think like just saul being saul and no attempts to close anything out or tie up loose ends... just shenanigans?  Then we move to Gene.

I saw a snippet of the paywalled Rolling Stone piece that says Gould/Gilligan didn't set out for this to be a Jimmy and Kim show but the actors and characters were so good that they had no choice but to go that way.  

Some Saul Shenanigans, but I think we see some things from BB get tied up... Brock's poisoning, Mike's grand daughter getting her money. Behind the scenes look at the BB side from Saul's view.

I feel like there is going to be a scene similar to Mike telling Nacho's father that Nacho is gone and will never be found. Remember, in Breaking Bad Mike had to disappear quick and left his granddaughter at the park and was later killed by Walt and the body dissolved. His daughter in law and granddaughter would never know what happened. All they know is Mike just up and walked out on his granddaughter. I have a feeling either Saul brings closure or he has someone else do it. 

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I feel like there is going to be a scene similar to Mike telling Nacho's father that Nacho is gone and will never be found. Remember, in Breaking Bad Mike had to disappear quick and left his granddaughter at the park and was later killed by Walt and the body dissolved. His daughter in law and granddaughter would never know what happened. All they know is Mike just up and walked out on his granddaughter. I have a feeling either Saul brings closure or he has someone else do it. 

There was a throwaway line in Breaking Bad from Saul about how tough it was to get her the money. With as much time as they have devoted to those mundane scenes of the grand daughter and Saul's role in that, I could see it being a big deal. You may be on to something with the Mike/Nacho's Dad symmetry to a similar Saul/Mike's DIL scene.

51 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Mike was never dissolved as far as I recall.  He was just left by the river.

So you think someone is going to tell Howards wife or Mikes daughter in law?  Or both?

That would be a HUGE fast forward unless you think Gene will be the one to go tell Mikes daughter in law, but not sure why Jimmy would even care.

I do think they need to tie up Mikes story with the grand daughter in some way though.

To me it is Jimmy, Kim then Mike, then Gus.  Mike is the thiiird most important character on the show IMO.

Are we going to get ANY scenes that run concurrent with BB I wonder or is it all the lead up then the Gene scenes.

2 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Mike was never dissolved as far as I recall.  He was just left by the river.

So you think someone is going to tell Howards wife or Mikes daughter in law?  Or both?

That would be a HUGE fast forward unless you think Gene will be the one to go tell Mikes daughter in law, but not sure why Jimmy would even care.

I do think they need to tie up Mikes story with the grand daughter in some way though.

To me it is Jimmy, Kim then Mike, then Gus.  Mike is the thiiird most important character on the show IMO.

Are we going to get ANY scenes that run concurrent with BB I wonder or is it all the lead up then the Gene scenes.

Walt brings Mike's body back to the pest shop in the trunk of his car. Todd is there and Walt says something like "it had to be done. I don't want to talk about it." Todd is like okie dokie and then Jessie shows up while Mike's body is still in the trunk. I can't remember if they actually showed them dissolving the body but I think it was implied. Walt would never just leave Mike's body to be discovered. 

I have a feeling someone will tell Mike's daughter in law. It seems like there is a lot of symmetry between the two story lines with Nacho. Also, the police are almost certainly going to question the daughter in law after they are unable to find Mike in which case she will find out he got mixed up into something bad. I can't remember, but I'm not sure if the daughter in law was ever in Breaking Bad? Either way she is in Better Call Saul and had more than just a bit role so I think they will tie up that loose end. I have a feeling that the daughter in law will be on TV because there is a manhunt underway for Mike and she is pleading for Mike to return and/or whoever knows what happened to him to come forward, and Saul feeling guilty, decides to tell her or somehow get a message to her. 

I forgot about that.  You are correct.  I feel like something has to happen with Mikes daughter in law for sure.

I wonder if the first shot we get of Walt is him sitting in the waiting room of Sauls about to go in when he posed as Badgers uncle.

I would assume at some point we see Tuco getting out of jail to set something up there also.

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

I forgot about that.  You are correct.  I feel like something has to happen with Mikes daughter in law for sure.

I wonder if the first shot we get of Walt is him sitting in the waiting room of Sauls about to go in when he posed as Badgers uncle.

I would assume at some point we see Tuco getting out of jail to set something up there also.

Tuco is a good call, if they've only gone forward to 2005, that's roughly when he gets out of jail.

Yep, Tuco is getting out of jail and he's making some kind of threat towards Saul and that's why when Walt & Jessie kidnap him he freaks out.      I can see Tuco getting out and immediately messing with Gus.   

I am surprised Hector didn't go after Nacho's father just out of being an evil prick. 

I think we get 2 episodes in the BB timeline and 2 episodes with Gene, where Gene is going to set something straight for Kim and that'll get him killed or caught.   That poster with Gene putting on the red coat is there for a reason. 

Nice breakfast bar. 

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Yep, Tuco is getting out of jail and he's making some kind of threat towards Saul and that's why when Walt & Jessie kidnap him he freaks out.      I can see Tuco getting out and immediately messing with Gus.   

I am surprised Hector didn't go after Nacho's father just out of being an evil prick. 

I think we get 2 episodes in the BB timeline and 2 episodes with Gene, where Gene is going to set something straight for Kim and that'll get him killed or caught.   That poster with Gene putting on the red coat is there for a reason. 

Nice breakfast bar. 

Oh, and we ain't done with Kim.  She might not be in the next eppy or two, but we ain't done with her. 

I’m not sure what will happen with Kim.  Her story isn’t finished but I’m not certain that we will see her on screen again.   I am confident that we will at least see her tequila bottle cap again. 

It probably doesn’t fit the timeline but I always thought the private jet that crashed into the airliner when Jane’s dad messed up in BB season 2 would come back into play in the story.  We never did learn who was on that plane.   

8 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I remember in Breaking Bad when Saul first went into hiding and he saw his new fake license and he asks "what's in Nebraska?" and the vacuum guy goes "you are." It doesn't seem like Saul requested to go to Nebraska and it seems more like a coincidence, however, I expect Kim and Gene to reunite in someway in Omaha. 

“Gene Takovic” called Best Vacuum for another extraction after getting made by that cab driver as being Saul. So wouldn’t that mean adios, Omaha?

A guy on a movie group I am a part of compared BCS and BB to godfather I and II. 

“Breaking Bad is like The Godfather and Better Call Saul is like The Godfather Part 2.  The original is more universal, more digestible. Can attract a bigger audience with more mass appeal.  The sequel is deeper, darker, and somehow better than the original.  
All this to say, what a remarkable accomplishment Better Call Saul is.”

• Like 2

How many prequels can they do?  I mean to me if they did another one in this universe it would revolve around Mike and his dealings as a bad cop who "broke his boy".

I wonder if they could do one with Kim?  That seems flimsy though.

Problem is they do not have enough known characters to really do another one unless they were banking on people falling in love with new characters never seen.  I mean Saul was a beloved character in BB and even for him they had to bring Gus, Mike & Tuco to the series.

I am pretty sure I would watch a series about Mike, he is a cool character.

I think Gus is played out, not in the sense that he is not a good character, just that I think we know enough about him for a new series to not really move the needle.

Or they could do a series that follows the timeline AFTER all this.....who would be left alive to make a new series interesting?  Who takes over after Gus and Walt are gone.....could they bring in a new character and supplement a series with some of the smaller characters from BB and BCS?  I think that one could have some legs.

I don't think we'll see any more spinoffs.   Jonathan Banks is 75 years old.  

the only thing I could see is something with Skinny Pete and Badger, like a comedy.  But is that heavy enough for Gilligan and Gould?  

Maybe Jesse.  

How did I forget about Jesse?  But I am not sure they could come up with a story line that would work.  I am mainly talking about a series that would follow the events, not a prequel...except for the Mike idea.

I mean we do still have Skylar and Walt Jr, but again that feels like grasping at straws.

Both series have been WILDLY popular, people do want more of it...if they could come up with an idea that makes sense.

Barring that...I wonder what their next show will be....these guys have a talent for creating compelling shows....they do not have to follow this story.  Start a new one.