The Better Call Saul (Don't look until you're caught up) Thread

5 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

The scene with Walt and Jessie did not feel right...I am sure the actors get into character over time and when asked to revisit that character again for a short time it comes off weird...or maybe it was just me...it did not feel right the way they were acting in that scene.I think the add in is the cancer.  It did not do much for me at all.  

That scene happens very early on in the BB timeline in Season 2.  Walt and Jessie are still early in their arc and  finding their way.  They aren’t yet the seasoned pros we saw in the later stages of BB.

Edited by Hongbit

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

That scene happens very early on in the BB timeline in Season 2.  Walt and Jessie are still early in their arc and  finding their way.  They aren’t yet the seasoned pros we saw in the later stages of BB.

Yeah I know, but the way they were acting was not the same as early in BB...at least that is what I noticed.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

I don’t believe Francesca told Jimmy she works at a sprinkler company, did she? Only that she was asking about him? So he must have had some contact with her over the years? 

That's elementary PI work he could have had done. It's also possible it's something Francesca told him in a prior year.

It's all been a dream. Just as Gene and Kim are about to reunite, Jimmy will wake up as Chuck smacks him with a newspaper. Jimmy is still slumming in the mailroom and fell asleep at the job. Kim rolls her eyes at him passing by, a dream catch he could never get. Walt is just a client dying from cancer, getting his will completed by the firm. Jimmy drempt it all up - both series.

Rage ensues the likes haven't been seen since the finale of Dexter.

😉

Edited by MichiganCardinal
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:42 AM, Edman85 said:

Franceska sarcasrically asking if they have internet in Nebraska to look up what happened to these people and then Carol Burnett hooked on YouTube cat videos just makes me think she plays a role in the downfall. Especially her seeing the goings on downstairs near the end.

There is always a throwaway line that foreshadows things.

Think about how different this Vince Gilligan universe would be if Howard didn’t go to Jimmy and Kim’s apartment?  Would Jimmy have gone full Saul?  I think post Kim is when he broke hard. Evil. Would Gus and Mike ever gotten to Walt if not for Saul?  

on the old site I said that the Saul transformation reminded me of Anakin and Vader.  Star Wars 4-6 was the story of Luke.  When you put 1-3 in there with the prequels it gives 4-6 a different meaning.  It’s Anakin’s story.

With BCS we are seeing Jimmy was the catalyst for it all and it happened when Lalo shot Howard. 

• Like 1

Amazing episode!  I’m glad they brought Kim back to finish her story.   I’m not sure what is next for her.   She had a terrible new life that she chose to ruin after purposely doing the exact opposite of what Saul told her to do.   She has lifted the giant weight of her involvement in Howard’s death, she’s not going to jail, maybe this is a chance for her to rebuild and start her life again.  

Then again, this is BCS,  so maybe MCS prediction is correct.     

Can’t wait to see the closure of Jimmy’s arc.  Can only assume the law will finally catch up with Saul.  He’s the last one standing and I don’t see how he can try to deal make and sweet talk the feds to get out of it.  Everyone else is dead and gone so there’s nobody that he can offer up to save himself.   He’s going to have to finally face the music.   Then again, this is BCS so…

Edited by Hongbit