The Better Call Saul (Don't look until you're caught up) Thread

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Amazing episode!  I’m glad they brought Kim back to finish her story.   I’m not sure what is next for her.   She had a terrible new life that she chose to ruin after purposely doing the exact opposite of what Saul told her to do.   She has lifted the giant weight of her involvement in Howard’s death, she’s not going to jail, maybe this is a chance for her to rebuild and start her life again.  

Then again, this is BCS,  so maybe MCS prediction is correct.     

Can’t wait to see the closure of Jimmy’s arc.  Can only assume the law will finally catch up with Saul.  He’s the last one standing and I don’t see how he can try to deal make and sweet talk the feds to get out of it.  Everyone else is dead and gone so there’s nobody that he can offer up to save himself.   He’s going to have to finally face the music.   Then again, this is BCS so…

He could offer up the vacuum cleaner guy to go after Jesse. It wouldn't be enough to get him out of jail though. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

He could offer up the vacuum cleaner guy to go after Jesse. It wouldn't be enough to get him out of jail though. 

I just realized that Jesse went to the vacuum cleaner guy after Saul fled so Saul wouldn't know that Jesse went to the vacuum cleaner guy. All he knows is that Jesse may have fled to Mexico.

Edited by Motown Bombers

50 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

When Kim is talking to Howard's wife, didn't she say Mike was dead? How would she know that? As far as the authorities would know, he's a missing person. Why wouldn't be assumed he skipped town like Saul and Jesse? 

Saul mentioned his name when he went down the list of people that were dead on the call with Kim.  

Does anyone 

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

When Kim is talking to Howard's wife, didn't she say Mike was dead? How would she know that? As far as the authorities would know, he's a missing person. Why wouldn't be assumed he skipped town like Saul and Jesse? 

Okay.........we knew that there was going to be one more Jesse scene and one more Walt scene and they would not be together.  We got the Jesse scene.   My belief is that the show next week opens with Walt & Saul in the hidden basement of Ed's Vacuum shop, more of the conversation they had and I think Walt is going to tell Saul he killed Mike.   

Plus, I would assume that someone came across Mike's body by the river and it would be news in ABQ, something that Francesca would have told Jimmy/Saul/Gene/Viktor.  

Gene is going to have to rush home for his cash and diamonds if he wants to use Ed's services and then he's gonna call the vacuum shop and someone other than Ed is going to answer and we're gonna find out Ed died two weeks earlier and Saul is going to ask for the dust filter for the Hoover Max Extract Pressure Pro 60 and the person is going to have no idea what that is.    I don't think the last scene is going even be Jimmy/Saul.  I think it's going to be Kim seeing the story on TV of Jimmy's capture or death right before she overdoses on a jar of Duke's mayonnaise.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

10 hours ago, oblong said:

Yep.  Quit trying to figure it out. Myself included. They will do it better.  

Oh, it's fun to speculate. 

I always knew Kim's fate would be to not be a lawyer after all the hard work and overcoming her alcoholic mom to get there.  Terrible fate.   I thought she's get it taken away, not that she's walk away. 

33 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

If this show were to have a happy ending, what would it be?   I’m having a hard time coming up with much at this point. 

from interviews it certainly sounds like the BB/BCS universe is over.  No Kim Sequel.   So I don't think there will be anything open-ended.  Dead or In Prison but maybe getting there in a way that is surprising.  

"What do you think?"

"maybe"

A good episode for sure.  Not much to say.  Glad they gave Kim most of this one, the parallel of Kim crying then immediately going to to Gene breaking the glass to get in the guys house was a cool touch.

The tie in for Marions son being from Albuquerque finally pays off.  Her son is a trouble maker, Gene lets it slip the laws are totally different in Albuquerque, which makes her suspicious to check into him.

How much running/hiding can one person do before they are just done with it?  It has to be exhausting.  Jimmy grabs his stuff and takes off, but to where?  Should be no happy ending for him....doubt it is death...the only other logical choice is being caught.  Unless they bring some random character in to catch him and make him pay for something he did to someone...like Buffalo Bill situation almost.  No happy ending though....MAYBE Kim gets one...or something close to it like Jessie.

They cannot leave Kims story as is though.....gotta tie that up.

I still think they can do a series with Jessie...he was a great character.  Follow where he went and how he changed...I would watch that, but there is no other character minus MAYBE Gus who could get one, but Gus would have to be a prequel and too many years have passed.  I doubt they ever do it, but I would watch a series set in current day with Jessie...introducing all kinds of new characters with different plot lines.

At least for now the last episode in this universe.  I read Gilligans next series will be akin to the twilight zone.  Sounds interesting and I would watch it.  Apparently not episodic though...more a full on story.  I appreciate what Black Mirror is trying to do for a modern day twilight zone, but there is not enough variety and the seasons are so far apart, not sure if they are even doing another season.

Do Kim and Jimmy get a reunion of some kind?  Who dies who lives?  Still wondering how they wrap it up.

I listen to the Better Call Saul Insider podcast and for last week's show they pointed out that the Kim/Jesse scene was shot months in advance of the rest of the show due to Aaron's schedule. 

Tonight will be epic.  I  actually had a dream the other night in anticipation.  I was watching it but also a participant, as dreams go.  I was with Jimmy/Saul/Gene.  We were in a delivery truck disguised as something that carries exotic animals.  There was a compartment in the trailer we were housed in with the animals in the open area.  We were driving at night.  We were in Tennessee and I could see out a small porthole that we drove by Dollywood in the Smokey Mountain area.  The truck made a stop to pick up one of Jimmy's guys, the kind he always pulls into a scam, and they screwed something up and the trailer opened up and we all were exposed.

39 minutes ago, oblong said:

I listen to the Better Call Saul Insider podcast and for last week's show they pointed out that the Kim/Jesse scene was shot months in advance of the rest of the show due to Aaron's schedule. 

Tonight will be epic.  I  actually had a dream the other night in anticipation.  I was watching it but also a participant, as dreams go.  I was with Jimmy/Saul/Gene.  We were in a delivery truck disguised as something that carries exotic animals.  There was a compartment in the trailer we were housed in with the animals in the open area.  We were driving at night.  We were in Tennessee and I could see out a small porthole that we drove by Dollywood in the Smokey Mountain area.  The truck made a stop to pick up one of Jimmy's guys, the kind he always pulls into a scam, and they screwed something up and the trailer opened up and we all were exposed.

No worries, these guys were the only ones who Saul you!

338674D8-3492-40A8-AB34-DAB94EDFA143.jpeg

A couple things after re-watching the last few episodes with the wife last night....Saul called Jessie Igor and then said Walt was Heisenberg...never heard that name before, wonder if that is just what people were calling Jessie on the streets...like the side kick/lab assistant to the monster.  May just be a Saul thing....Walt was the cook and Jessie was the side kick.

I wonder if Jimmys motivation to go back to scamming was finding out his stash is all gone or if it had something to do with Kim?  I am leaning heavily on the cash issue...when they showed the divorce paper signing scene, even though Jimmy had to steel himself for it, he was super cold and short with it...I am sure he once cared for Kim, but I think once they are gone they are gone and he moves on pretty quick.

The Saul version of Gene is now on the run after Marion turned him in.   No doubt that he long ago prepared a plan for just this situation where he quickly needs to disappear.   I think most of the episode will focus just on him trying to work his plan to avoid capture and possibly even trying to fake his own death.   No clue how it turns out and what happens but I’m damn excited to see.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

No worries, these guys were the only ones who Saul you!

338674D8-3492-40A8-AB34-DAB94EDFA143.jpeg

The mind is crazy.  Have no idea where that came from.  I went to Dollywood when I was a kid, drove by it in 2016.  That's it.  I love Dolly Parton but haven't thought about her in awhile.