The Better Call Saul (Don't look until you're caught up) Thread

On 5/18/2022 at 11:03 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

Like I said, I take it every day and it is a caffeine-like buzz that deadens pain, but it does not enlarge your pupils, but fulminated mercury does not explode (Mythbusters did a Breaking Bad special), so they could take a few liberties. 

The Burt Wonderstone movie got Kratom completely wrong. 

Yep. I told someone that the other day. Been a lot of BS in the press about kratom. Scare tactics created by big pharma.

OMG. I just turned into a conspiracy theorist.

2 minutes ago, antrat said:

Yep. I told someone that the other day. Been a lot of BS in the press about kratom. Scare tactics created by big pharma.

OMG. I just turned into a conspiracy theorist.

You know why, right?    They want to start producing and selling their sythesized version of it..........which would be a prescription..........and likely an extremely expensive one.     That's not a conspiracy, that's fact, they started researching Kratom for this when the opioid crisis started.  

• Like 1

Before the final episodes of Breaking Bad, AMC ran this promo and it's the best TV promo I've ever seen and it told the story of Walter White so perfectly.............I don't know what Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould are doing after Saul, but I'm in. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

My predictions for tomorrow:

-the drugging backfires. "Plan and execution" seems like a foreshadowy pun. Another but of foreshadowing earlier in the season. Cliff in the prostitute scene tells Kim "I hear this place makes a killer latte." Killing Howard accidentally seems like an easy prediction. Killing Cliff accidentally when Howard refuses the coffee seems like something that could really make Kim feel the type of guilt that drives her away from Albuquerque.

-Lalo comes back. I hate to go back to Kim but if she is the only one without Mike's guys watching her, that would seem to be the logical target, as much as they have been trying to hint at a Lalo/Gus showdown.

-The D Day stuff, Omaha Beach, Gene going to Omaha, Kim from Nebraska... can't be a coincidence. 

Edited by Edman85

I don't think Lalo goes after Kim or Jimmy.   I think Lalo is far more likely to go after Nacho's father, not to hurt Nacho's father, but to draw Mike closer to him.  Lalo would believe that they key to getting at Gus is to eliminate Mike.   I think Lalo will slow play it all.  Crazy as he is, Lalo is very smart and makes moves like a Chess player.  

11 hours ago, Edman85 said:

My predictions for tomorrow:

-the drugging backfires. "Plan and execution" seems like a foreshadowy pun. Another but of foreshadowing earlier in the season. Cliff in the prostitute scene tells Kim "I hear this place makes a killer latte." Killing Howard accidentally seems like an easy prediction. Killing Cliff accidentally when Howard refuses the coffee seems like something that could really make Kim feel the type of guilt that drives her away from Albuquerque.

-Lalo comes back. I hate to go back to Kim but if she is the only one without Mike's guys watching her, that would seem to be the logical target, as much as they have been trying to hint at a Lalo/Gus showdown.

-The D Day stuff, Omaha Beach, Gene going to Omaha, Kim from Nebraska... can't be a coincidence. 

The Cliff thing is VERY interesting.

I didn't catch the killer latte line but with him saying that I totally could see Cliff being the one who dies, if it isn't him then somebody is definitely dying off the latte cause Gilligan doesn't just do throw away lines. 

Unless that is the same place that Lydia had her coffee at and that's the reference. Actually now that I think about it she drank tea I believe so scratch that thought. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

48 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I didn't catch the killer latte line but with him saying that I totally could see Cliff being the one who dies, if it isn't him then somebody is definitely dying off the latte cause Gilligan doesn't just do throw away lines. 

Unless that is the same place that Lydia had her coffee at and that's the reference. Actually now that I think about it she drank tea I believe so scratch that thought. 

There was also the scene last week where Howard painstakingly made a latte for his wife complete with decorative froth and then made a basic cup for himself.  

Edited by Hongbit

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

There was also the scene last week where Howard painstakingly made a latte for his wife complete with decorative froth and then made a basic cup for himself.  

That scene is a great example of why the show is great. 

Somebody on Twitter pointed out that by Howard making himself a normal coffee instead of the much stronger latte it showed he may not drink a ton of caffeine.

They  speculated that they made sure to show that cause earlier in the ep the Vet tells Jimmy that the effects of the drug are based on your normal caffeine usage.

Edited by RandyMarsh

41 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

His wife could have cared less about the fancy froth as she just dumped into togo cup. Howard looked very disappointed when she did that, like no one respects him anymore.

Speaking of Howard's actor it has kinda bugged me where I known him from since the start of the show but for some reason I never got around to looking it up but the other day I was watching Saved by the Bell The College Years for nostalgia sake and he is the professor on there. I used to watch that show all the time when they ran reruns on TBS in the morning in the late 90s to mid 00s so that is definitely where I knew him from

Edited by RandyMarsh

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

In terms of loose ends, the actor seems likely to be fired from Wal Mart, and Jimmy seems likely to be tied up for a bit when action resumes.

Well, John Ennis is probably on that Bob & David Argyle podcast, so he's fine.    

Will we see a David Cross cameo in BCS in the last 6.   Even a 10 second one (clerk at a gas station, pastor at Howard's service?)  Bob and David were both in that movie The Post with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep -- and it was because Spielberg was a huge Mr. Show fan. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics