The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

10 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

The exact words from Hurr's report were posted above and yet you keep creating a false narrative.

Let me guess, you think Trump's actions to overturn the 2020 election and his continued refusal to accept defeat are just fine because Hillary did the same thing, right? 

I just pointed out my issues with Hurr's summary and boy did all the democratic talking heads do the same, in fact Biden rushed out to have a press conference to defend himself. The report itself is damning, including the real reason he chose not to pursue charges.

Trump was not the first to claim an election was stolen, but you obviously don't pay attention to anything I write here if you think i'm fine with Trump.  As i've stated multiple times, I just want the J6 trial, I want Trump found guilty, and I would have no problem if he was hung for what he's done.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Weird how Hur writes in the report Biden has a poor memory but in the transcript he says he has a photographic memory. 

Weird huh, almost like the summary didn't match the report.  I mean, no way politics could have gotten in the way and the reason it wasn't pursued.

1 minute ago, ewsieg said:

Weird huh, almost like the summary didn't match the report.  I mean, no way politics could have gotten in the way and the reason it wasn't pursued.

The reason it wasn't pursued is because Biden did not commit a crime. Neither did Mike Pence. Trump, however, did. Once again I have no idea what you want from us with your both sidesing. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

The reason it wasn't pursued is because Biden did not commit a crime. Neither did Mike Pence. Trump, however, did. Once again I have no idea what you want from us with your both sidesing. 

Feel free to add the confusing face to this, but deep down you all know that if the only one having document issues was Trump, and that investigation found that he told a ghost writer he had classified documents, said he thought some documents might be classified (which they were) and read them to his ghost writer, this forum would have lost it just as much over Trump using classified documents to make money.  But yeah, i'm both sidesing I guess.

To me the real underlying issue here is who willingly turned in the documents when they were discovered and who attempted to cover up the crime when they were asked about classified documents.

Much like Nixon in the Watergate case the break-in was bad and yes illegial, the coverup was beyond the norm. 

14 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Do other people have to get to his level on crimes in order to be charged with them then?  If that's the new standard, then I'll stop complaining about Biden because he hasn't risen to that standard, but what he did, would have landed me in a ton of trouble as a low level employee government contractor in my previous job.

Yes, it would have and that is a problem throughout our entire legal sysem.  I think it is pretty much accepted that higher ups can get away with things that lower level people can not.  I also believe there are informally agreed upon parameters (among the elites) as to how far they are allowed to go.  A lot of it has to do with convenience and efficiency, but it sure opens up the possibility for carelessness and ill inent.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

To me the real underlying issue here is who willingly turned in the documents when they were discovered and who attempted to cover up the crime when they were asked about classified documents.

Much like Nixon in the Watergate case the break-in was bad and yes illegial, the coverup was beyond the norm. 

This is true, although I think if Nixon did what he did today, he probably would have gotten away with it.

9 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Yes, it would have and that is a problem throughout our entire legal sysem.  I think it is pretty much accepted that higher ups can get away with things that lower level people can not.  I also believe there are informally agreed upon parameters (among the elites) as to how far they are allowed to go.  A lot of it has to do with convenience and efficiency, but it sure opens up the possibility for carelessness and ill inent.  

It would have been because ewsieg doesn't have access to the documents, but to be clear, the president and vice president have the authorization to be in possession of those documents. The issue, with Trump, was the obstruction and not returning them. Biden and Pence voluntarily returned the documents. 

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

This is true, although I think if Nixon did what he did today, he probably would have gotten away with it.

Nixon would win re-election if he did what he did today. Ewsieg would be what about the DNC. They should have had better security at the Watergate hotel. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

It would have been because ewsieg doesn't have access to the documents, but to be clear, the president and vice president have the authorization to be in possession of those documents. The issue, with Trump, was the obstruction and not returning them. Biden and Pence voluntarily returned the documents. 

Obviously, he doesn't have access to the same documents, but even lower level people often work with documents which they are not allowed to share or allowed to carry beyond designated areas.

Just now, mtutiger said:

Probably, we're a lot more divided today than it seemed back then. 7 Republican members of the House Impeachment Committee voted to impeach. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Nixon would win re-election if he did what he did today. Ewsieg would be what about the DNC. They should have had better security at the Watergate hotel. 

Nixon was in his second term, not eligible for election.

Just now, Tiger337 said:

Obviously, he doesn't have access to the same documents, but even lower level people often work with documents which they are not allowed to share or allowed to carry beyond designated areas.

The vice president was allowed to have those documents. Hur even said that. The issue is the returning of the documents after Biden and Pence left office. Both voluntarily returned them. Trump did not and went to great lengths to obstruct. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The vice president was allowed to have those documents. Hur even said that. The issue is the returning of the documents after Biden and Pence left office. Both voluntarily returned them. Trump did not and went to great lengths to obstruct. 

Why didn't they just return them?  Why did they have to be reminded?  And would lower level officials be given the same leeway?

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

Do other people have to get to his level on crimes in order to be charged with them then?  If that's the new standard, then I'll stop complaining about Biden because he hasn't risen to that standard, but what he did, would have landed me in a ton of trouble as a low level employee government contractor in my previous job.

We know what Trump did to warrant prosecution—it all laid out in the indictment Edman posted.

Please tell us exactly what Biden did that rises to the level of prosecutable criminality so we can better evaluate your claim of such.

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

Why didn't they just return them?  Why did they have to be reminded?  And would lower level officials be given the same leeway?

They didn't need to be reminded. Biden himself discovered he was still in possession of the docs and immediately turned them over. Same with Pence. 

Meanwhile while we're "discussing" the level of illegality of classified documents. Nobody wants to talk about the fact that UNoHoo's daughter and son in law walked out of the White House with a $2 Billion deal with Saudi Arabia for who knows what. Yet the Crazy Party in Congress wants to hang the current occupant of the White House for something his son allegedly did but can't prove. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

They didn't need to be reminded. Biden himself discovered he was still in possession of the docs and immediately turned them over. Same with Pence. 

It seems unlikely that they both would suddenly "discover" it right around the time Trump was being accused.