The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

On 3/18/2024 at 11:10 AM, mtutiger said:

This seemed inevitable.... what lender in their right mind would choose to underwrite a half billion dollars for this guy?

The real bosses of this country like having Trump in charge of this government thing, but they didn't get wealthy lending millions to deadbeats.  

I will say that it's easy to just throw out  names, like I have done, but there are logistcal matters as to the how this gets done.  I don't htink someone just writes a check. 

There's also the pride element.  Would Trump want it known he was "bailed out"?  Would he rather just lose some properties and then claim "they stole it from me"?  That might be a better take for him to sell.  

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

I will say that it's easy to just throw out  names, like I have done, but there are logistcal matters as to the how this gets done.  I don't htink someone just writes a check. 

There's also the pride element.  Would Trump want it known he was "bailed out"?  Would he rather just lose some properties and then claim "they stole it from me"?  That might be a better take for him to sell.  

There's also the fact that that Trump is, by no means, guaranteed to win in November. Regardless of whether someone or some group drops a half billion for him on that.

That comes with more risks in terms of reputational damage, as well for someone like Elon who owns companies who contract with the federal government, it's not hard to see how their couldn't be downsides in the event that that sum of money gets dropped and Trump loses anyway.

6 minutes ago, oblong said:

I assume that would never make the MAGA news. Someone had to give a multi-billionaire money to make bond? That's fake news.

Then, if they were to find out it's not fake news, they pivot and say, that's what make him the greatest businessman in history. He got someone else to bankroll him and he didn't have to pay a penny of his own multibillion-dollar fortune for this unconstitutional deep-state shakedown. Genius!

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

New York just needs to take Trump Tower and use it to house the migrants Abbot is sending from Texas. 

I'm not sure they would all fit in the penthouse unless you are planning on for closing on the legitimate condo owners and businesses that occupy that address.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'm not sure they would all fit in the penthouse unless you are planning on for closing on the legitimate condo owners and businesses that occupy that address.

Worth a look

Meet the notorious characters who call Trump Tower home - Curbed NY

A History of Trump Tower and How It Made Donald Trump (curbed.com)

Trump Tower - Wikipedia

Current

Donald Trump, his wife Melania, and their son Barron maintain a three-story residence on the penthouse floors,[18][48][164] covering about 11,000 square feet (1,000 m2).[165] The tower was their primary residence[166][167] until October 2019.[168] The Trump Organization offices are on the 25th and 26th floors,[12][158] and there is a private elevator between the penthouse and Trump's office.[166] Angelo Donghia provided the original black-and-white, brass-and-mahogany design for the penthouse,[169] which was later replaced with a gold-and-Greek-column design after Trump reportedly saw the more lavish house of the Saudi businessman Adnan Khashoggi.[166] In a 1984 article in GQ magazine, Trump's first wife Ivana said the first floor of the penthouse had the living, dining, and entertainment rooms and kitchen; the second floor had their bedrooms and bathrooms as well as a balcony over the living room; and the third had bedrooms for the children, maids, and guests.[170]

Other residents include the filmmaker Vincent Gallo;[171] the art dealer Hillel "Helly" Nahmad,[164] who bought a second apartment in the tower in July 2010;[172] Juan Beckmann Vidal, the owner of the tequila brand Jose Cuervo;[14][164] and the actor Bruce Willis, who bought a $4.26 million apartment in 2007.[173]

Is Bruce Willis still there?  

In the Navarro case- Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time.

In this particular Trump case- Don’t do the crime (x), if you can’t pay the fine. 

So much whiny victimhood, so little focus on the behavior that lead to the judgements. Or, FOAFO.

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

he's a Canadian citizen isn't he? 

Yep!

A citizen of the United Arab Emirates and Ireland as well.

Guess what country he isn't a citizen of?

Gotta love Fox asking a non-citizen to help Trump.

Why didn't they call Russia?

11 minutes ago, pfife said:

LOL at FoxNews running a telethon for trump.   Best get some tote bags printed up 

Are they really?

That is creepy, and kinda dishonorable.  Like they’re helping him steal from the common man. 

Ick factor off the charts.

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

Are they really?

That is creepy, and kinda dishonorable.  Like they’re helping him steal from the common man. 

Ick factor off the charts.

I was being only somewhat facetious but that clip above is of their host begging some rich a-hole to donate to chump

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/19/politics/trump-bond-deadline-panic/index.html

Gary Giulietti – an insurance broker who testified for Trump during the civil fraud trial – said some of the biggest underwriters have internal policies that limit them from securing a bond in excess of $100 million.

I wonder if he can get a couple of them to go under the amount to meet the overall total?

This is fun.  

48 minutes ago, oblong said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/19/politics/trump-bond-deadline-panic/index.html

I wonder if he can get a couple of them to go under the amount to meet the overall total?

This is fun.  

It is fun, but I just don't hope this doesn't backfire.  1/2 billion dollars when he technically defrauded a bank but never actually went into default.  I get it's Trump and **** him, but I just hope independents don't look at it as government overreach and sympathize.

7 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

It is fun, but I just don't hope this doesn't backfire.  1/2 billion dollars when he technically defrauded a bank but never actually went into default.  I get it's Trump and **** him, but I just hope independents don't look at it as government overreach and sympathize.

From Trump's posture on all of this, I don't think he sees this result playing out.

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

From Trump's posture on all of this, I don't think he sees this result playing out.

It certainly doesn't look good on his 'i'm so rich' persona he plays out to his supporters, but that's a cult and when it suits them, they'll be able to buy into more nuanced thinking (nice to know it's possible still) and understand only a dumb billionaire would have 400-500 million available on a quick notice.

I can't see this playing out with independents either, but you have government backing up the banks (which didn't even ask for it) on one side.  Not the easiest side to defend for most independents i'd gather.

If anyone sees a conviction in a civil case about fraud and that it's Donald Trump and is sympathetic that maybe the government is victimizing him then I wouldn't call them independent.

A true independent would look at it as "If I were to sue somebody, and win, then I want to make sure the courts do their job to get my award to me"

• Thanks 1