5/18 @ 1:10 Tigers @ Rays

Tigeraholic1

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

They have really been hit hard with injuries, but we also need to remember that Rodriguez and Pineda came here with injury histories.  

Pineda does have his history, but he got popped with a line drive.  We've seen Ps get hit with comebackers, but this injury is more on the fluky side, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

Pineda does have his history, but he got popped with a line drive.  We've seen Ps get hit with comebackers, but this injury is more on the fluky side, in my opinion.

Who knows, maybe Pineda has more brittle bones than an average human.... but yeah, that was fluky as hell.

18 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Fulmer's FB at 92 again. He's not generally very successful without a  better fastball.

That may be where Cisnero fits in when he gets back, because the trajectory that Fulmer is on at the moment is ominous.... not just the general wildness of Soto, but wildness plus lack of velocity. 

Edited by mtutiger

2 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Put me in the pro Alex A camp. He and Dan have been outstanding.

This is the first game I have heard Avila broadcast.  He sounds good for a rookie, maybe could use some more polish, but this is his first series?  Come on, this is pretty good considering that.

He mentioned that he will join Dickerson in San Francisco and Arizona.

12 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Hill is useless if he can’t play D. That was his ball. 

Hill has not been impressive this season. Maybe he is getting old young. And maybe still gun shy after last yrs collision.

But more generally, I don't think you will see a great outfield without more stability. Constantly run guys into different fields with different guys next to them and you will never get the familiarity and communication level you need to over come the "I got it! You take it!" plays 

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Did either Dan or Alex honor Jim with an "Are you kidding me?" after the 2nd Paredes HR?

Serious lapse!

Avila did mention earlier in the game about his good buddy Jim's theory of Cs being intelligent and handsome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1