5/18 @ 1:10 Tigers @ Rays

Tigeraholic1

If only there was a good, young pitcher in his prime named Frankie Montas Al could really try to sign and have under team control and be part of this team's rotation for years to cime...oh well, rebuilds take time...at least 10-20 years they say...

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

They have really been hit hard with injuries, but we also need to remember that Rodriguez and Pineda came here with injury histories.  

I don’t know if history is predictive of being hit by a line drive, maybe in Pineda’s case we should have predicted it based on his cross-sectional area ⛰ 

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I don’t know if history is predictive of being hit by a line drive, maybe in Pineda’s case we should have predicted it based on his cross-sectional area ⛰ 

Or maybe it goes back to the theory that some guys just get hurt more easily than others whether it's through stress or impact.  

Just now, Tiger337 said:

Or maybe it goes back to the theory that some guys just get hurt more easily than others whether it's through stress or impact.  

Well for certain we don’t do a good job in this system on drilling batters how to get out of the way. Whether there is a gene for fingers that can take a major league line drive might be nice to know. 

Whether or not he try's to get a real pitcher asap, it will show if Al really believes this team "is ready" to compete for a playoff spot this season. Mize is baked, done-zo, capoot, I don't expect anything from him this season (if ever tbh), Manning is a question, along with now Erod and Pineda.  Skuval and Faedo and Briske...that's this team's lineup for the near future...forfuksakes.

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

Whether or not he try's to get a real pitcher asap, it will show if Al really believes this team "is ready" to compete for a playoff spot this season. Mize is baked, done-zo, capoot, I don't expect anything from him this season (if ever tbh), Manning is a question, along with now Erod and Pineda.  Skuval and Faedo and Briske...that's this team's lineup for the near future...forfuksakes.

I hope they don’t force Brieske any farther, I don’t think he is ready, or at least let him work in relief where he needs better breaking stuff less. Move R Garcia or Peralta to the rotation

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Playoffs?  We’re 11 games under .500 with 5 starting pitchers injured before mid-May.

The season now is about the young players getting reps and hopefully some players emerge/surprise.

Buckle up for a bumpy season, folks

image.jpeg.9b1e3b876865412a8aa811b3085a61e6.jpeg

If they catch some breaks down the road, they may be able to make another push toward .500 similar to last year, but playoffs aren't happening with this team. 

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

And trading for Montas? You're probably going to have to (at least) give up one of your other starters (ie. Manning) in order to get him. Makes no sense at all.

right - You would need excess position player strength you couldn't use for a trade for a pitcher to work. I don't see where the Tigers have any, let alone enough.