6/7 7:05 Tigers @ Pirates

Tigeraholic1

41 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

so it's Wily Peralta tonight (if the game happens) and not Skubal. makes sense, don't want him getting hurt on a wet field.

yup - same reason they called the game last week before it even had the chance to not rain.

"We love you Wily, BTW, do you mind starting on short notice so we can protect the guy we love more?"   :classic_laugh:

Edited by gehringer_2

7 minutes ago, kdog said:

Hackosky said the Tigers thought the game would be stopped in the 3rd...that's why they pulled Skubal. Instead, they didn't start the game on time so Skubal could have just waited it out.

Still would be wet field etc. Anyway, not surprised. I imagine are going to continue to handle Skubal with kid gloves.

The Tigers are off Thursday and the Prates head to Atlanta for a Thursday night game.  A getaway doubleheader wouldn’t be the worstest thing, especially if it’s a traditional just change into a new uniform and suck down a heater and a chocolate milk in a half hour doubleheader.

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

see the tweet mtutiger posted near the top.

I assume when they said 'subluxation' they mean what we would call 'dislocated shoulder', though I didn't see them having to 'pop' Candy's shoulder back 'in' so if that's what it was it must have gone back by itself. Tattis has a chronic problem with that and just plays over it. A tall friend of mine who played a lot of basketball eventually had surgery on both of his to tighten them up to stop the recurrences.

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

The Tigers are off Thursday and the Prates head to Atlanta for a Thursday night game.  A getaway doubleheader wouldn’t be the worstest thing, especially if it’s a traditional just change into a new uniform and suck down a heater and a chocolate milk in a half hour doubleheader.

radar forward projection is for DT Pittsburgh to clear pretty soon. I guess for now it depends on how much the Pirates want to play.

1 minute ago, casimir said:

Just postpone it.  I was up at 2:45a and there ain’t a chance I’m making it through this one.

Yes, that’s selfish.  So what.  Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

With these offenses, this game could be less than two hours! 🤣

17 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It was only in Toledo but Grossman just tattooed a HR, even if it was in the minors it's nice to see him show some power after it being non existent up here this year. 

Baddoo with a hit 2 SB and 2BB. Really like seeing the later. Greene, 2/4 (what did you expect?). Riley's bat says "Rehab is for the weak. I'm ready"

Edited by gehringer_2