6/20 7:10 PM EDT Tigers @ Red Sox

theroundsquare

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I think he was trying to challenge Faedo in that moment.

It's risky. But in the context of a developing ball club, I am OK with it 

I don't know if they get of out of this, or not, but he gave up 2 runs at Fenway through 4. The pitching is still not really the problem.

Edit: LOL, so much for the reliever saving Alex...

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It's like disease that every manager develops once he come to Detroit.

It will drive fans nuts, but he's managing this team more in terms of development than actually winning tonight.

Although the 5th inning thing doesn't compute regardless. You're looking a gift horse in the mouth to send Faedo back out there after getting out of that self induced jam lol

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It will drive fans nuts, but he's managing this team more in terms of development than actually winning tonight.

Although the 5th inning thing doesn't compute regardless. You're looking a gift horse in the mouth to send Faedo back out there after getting out of that self induced jam lol

yeah - I disagree big time with Jack. In the modern era I don't believe it serves any purpose at all to send a tired, struggling pitcher back out for more. Pitching in this era with all the breaking balls is a physiologically destructive process. I believe that once a guy is at more or less at starters endurance, that he will never develop the ability to 'go deeper' by throwing more competitive pitches under stress. Run, condition, train, whatever to strengthen arm, legs, wind etc., but putting more high stress throws on a tired arm just loses games and degrades arm health. 

Not to mention this is a kid coming of TJ.

Edited by gehringer_2