6/20 7:10 PM EDT Tigers @ Red Sox

theroundsquare

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

I wouldn't totally give up on Cameron especially given that his father was a late bloomer.  However, he really hasn't shown much so far.  

his dad didnt make it until he was 24 and ended up having a really nice career.

5 hours ago, casimir said:

Chris McCoskey and Dan Dickerson work well together.

I remember thinking Darrell Evans was old when he signed with the Tigers.  Here I am a decade older than that age now.

I like it when McCosky is on with Dan, a hell of a lot better than when Craig Monroe is on with Dan.

The problem with Baddoo was they tried to put him in center where he has no business playing. He's perfect for left field at Comerica. Bat him ninth in left and just turn him loose and good things will happen. In the next few years I see Baddoo LF, Greene CF, Cameron RF and Meadows DH. That is some cheap defense, speed and power. Then they can spend on third, second and catcher if needed.

24 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

The problem with Baddoo was they tried to put him in center where he has no business playing. He's perfect for left field at Comerica. Bat him ninth in left and just turn him loose and good things will happen. In the next few years I see Baddoo LF, Greene CF, Cameron RF and Meadows DH. That is some cheap defense, speed and power. Then they can spend on third, second and catcher if needed.

Baddoo & Cameron are probably 4th OFs - at best.   

50 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Baddoo & Cameron are probably 4th OFs - at best.   

I think Baddoo's best is starting outfielder.  He was already very close last year and that was after skipping two levels of the minors.  I consider him the third young hitter most likely to succeed after Greene and Torkelson.

11 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think Baddoo's best is starting outfielder.  He was already very close last year and that was after skipping two levels of the minors.  I consider him the third young hitter most likely to succeed after Greene and Torkelson.

I could see that with other teams.   But the Tigers folks will screw him up, some how, some way. 

52 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Akil Baddoo certainly has the tools and when he successfully flashes them, he’s a breathtaking talent. He’s going to have to learn to hit the ball as hard as he’s capable of on a more frequent basis if he’s going to be a starting outfielder for anything better than a second division team.

19 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Akil Baddoo certainly has the tools and when he successfully flashes them, he’s a breathtaking talent. He’s going to have to learn to hit the ball as hard as he’s capable of on a more frequent basis if he’s going to be a starting outfielder for anything better than a second division team.

Right,  It was the "at best" part I didn't agree with.  He might not find himself again, but I think he has good upside with a reasonable chance of reaching it.  

The thing with Baddoo too is that yes he was a Rule 5 pick so people will immediately question his possible legitimacy but even before that draft several people of the national outlets were saying that he was different than a standard Rule 5 player and were actually quite surprised he was even available. I remember reading some people say that the Twins really didn't want to expose him to the draft but they were so deep they had to expose somebody which is why they reluctantly had to leave him available.

58 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Right,  It was the "at best" part I didn't agree with.  He might not find himself again, but I think he has good upside with a reasonable chance of reaching it.  

At some level, it comes back go his age.... that's what separates him from Reyes/Cameron/Hill. He;s only 23 and has time to get it on track, and he has shown an ability to do it before.

Aside from making consistent hard contact, the other concern is gonna be his ability against left handed pitching.... he'll need to improve to kinda breakthrough platoon status, one would think.

Edited by mtutiger