7/13 @ 2:10 Tigers @ Royals

Tigeraholic1

16 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

I have become 100% fine with AJ going elsewhere after this season...and it pains me to say that, but this team is garbage in every facet, and AJ's part of it.

As good as it might feel in the moment, shit-canning AJ fixes no organizational problem. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:21 AM, 1776 said:

Is there another person on this team that would have had the balls to do what Cabrera did yesterday? I know he’s been in the league forever and has seen it all, but that was a sweet take of third base. He probably has the oldest legs on the team. Why don’t younger players have this kind of mindset? The Tigers clearly don’t teach this and most likely don’t encourage it. Miggie forced an error by doing what he did. This is baseball.

Miggy got a bit lucky with a bad throw. If a good throw had nailed him we might be talking about what a dumbass he is.

I also wonder whether Miggy feels freer to do something like this because the cost of failure is low for him. If he gets caught at third, it’s a shrug and a grin. If Willi or Harold or Baddoo get caught on something like that, that could hasten the end of their careers. 

Edited by chasfh

25 minutes ago, chasfh said:

As good as it might feel in the moment, shit-canning AJ fixes no organizational problem. 

That depends on whether some of our slumping ‘O’ can be laid at AJ’s feet for  organizational systems he supports that may be hurting his hitters. I’m not proposing that this is the case, but it has to be admitted as a possibility that  somehow this team is sabotaging its own hitters. Of course we won’t know unless/until the team either turns around on its own or AJ leaves/is replaced. 

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

That depends on whether some of our slumping ‘O’ can be laid at AJ’s feet for  organizational systems he supports that may be hurting his hitters. I’m not proposing that this is the case, but it has to be admitted as a possibility that  somehow this team is sabotaging its own hitters. Of course we won’t know unless/until the team either turns around on its own or AJ leaves/is replaced. 

Given how it's generally accepted now that Hinch has a five-year contract, I can't see Ilitch firing him in year two and eating the remaining three years.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

To quote Zeppo Marx, " To have a good football team, you have to have good football players."

I think he was on to something there. I am seriously doubting the talent level on this team. At the very least, the construction of the team is poor. Not to worry though. We are merely in year nine of a 66 year rebuilding program, similar to the Detroit Lions.

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Given how it's generally accepted now that Hinch has a five-year contract, I can't see Ilitch firing him in year two and eating the remaining three years.

Absolutely right.  If he does fire Avila this will be one of the important reasons.