08/05/2022 7:10 EDT Tampa Bay Rays at Detroit Tigers

casimir

Stat of the day:  The Tigers leaders in innings pitched are:

1. Tarik Skubal 117 2/3
  2. Beau Brieske, 81 2/3
  3. Drew Hutchison, 55 2/3
  4. Alex Faedo, 53 1/3
  5. Rony Garcia, 51

Bonus stat of the day:  Hutchison is the only of the 5 that is not currently on the IL.

Enjoy your day, morans.

3 hours ago, casimir said:

Stat of the day:  The Tigers leaders in innings pitched are:

1. Tarik Skubal 117 2/3
  2. Beau Brieske, 81 2/3
  3. Drew Hutchison, 55 2/3
  4. Alex Faedo, 53 1/3
  5. Rony Garcia, 51

wow. i mean i guess i knew it was bad, but seeing it spelled out like this is another level. there is no way we are not completely fucked for the next 2-3 seasons, at least

1 hour ago, Nerb said:

wow. i mean i guess i knew it was bad, but seeing it spelled out like this is another level. there is no way we are not completely fucked for the next 2-3 seasons, at least

The thing is, the pitching side of the equation hasn't been the issue.  Its mind boggling how the random fill in pitching staff combined with sometimes craptastic defense has kept the Tigers at 4.40 runs allowed per game versus an MLB average of 4.33.

1 hour ago, Nerb said:

screwing around 1/2 the season with Mize maybe ends up biting them in the asz next season. 

24 minutes ago, casimir said:

The thing is, the pitching side of the equation hasn't been the issue.  Its mind boggling how the random fill in pitching staff combined with sometimes craptastic defense has kept the Tigers at 4.40 runs allowed per game versus an MLB average of 4.33.

The one caveat is - do you always get the other team's best offensive effort when you are always behind and hardly ever threaten to score? I imagine most hitters don't give away ABs regardless of the game situation because it's always a one on one with the pitcher, but if it happens even 5% of the time it's going to measurably depress your runs against. 

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The one caveat is - do you always get the other team's best offensive effort when you are always behind and hardly ever threaten to score? I imagine most hitters don't give away ABs regardless of the game situation because it's always a one on one with the pitcher, but if it happens even 5% of the time it's going to measurably depress your runs against. 

I guess you could also wonder if the opposition sees the Tigers and decides its a good time to rest some regulars.  But, hey, they bench guys gotta eat, too.