08/05/2022 7:10 EDT Tampa Bay Rays at Detroit Tigers

casimir

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

OK... gotcha...

So what you are asking is... which players in 2022 COULD be on the 1984 team... some day (if they show themselves to get to that level..).

Am I correct on that?

Just asking because now I think you are asking for a projection on these new kids...

Want me to make a list? 😉

:classic_biggrin:

No, I am asking which players on the 2022 team (at their current skill levels) would have been able to make the 1984 team.  I am leaving projection for the regular season and prospect threads. 

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

No, I am asking which players on the 2022 team (at their current skill levels) would have been able to make the 1984 team.  I am leaving projection for the regular season and prospect threads. 

So a couple BP guys maybe...

Skubal as 5th starter/ swing guy...

Greene as a bench guy...

Maybe... HAROLD CASTRO on the bench!!!!

• Like 1

I dont like the way Javy makes me feel, as I have come to despise him almost on a personal level.  I know it's not right, I'm sure he's a good dude, but I'm really having a hard time hating him for making so much money for sucking at doing lots of, what should be for his expectations, simple baseball things.

Edited by Dtrain72

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Yeah,

Sorry about that...

It took me a long frickin' time to actually catch on...

Almost as long as it's taking for this team to get back to competitive baseball....

13 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

I dont like the way Javy makes me feel, as I have come to despise him almost on a personal level.  I know it's not right, I'm sure he's a good dude, but I'm really having a hard time hating him for making so much money for sucking at doing lots of, what should be for his expectations, simple baseball things.

It has been a frustrating start. I supported the signing and I still like and believe in Baez. His game is electric on the base baths and tagging runners he is supreme. He seems to be leveling out with the bat but he will have some little league at bats. The frustrating part this year is the throwing. I don’t know who that guy is sometimes. He still makes great throws in the hole and turns the double play perfectly but then there is the poor throw out of the blue. I think he will fix that and I have always felt he performs best when it counts and loses concentration when the team is struggling. 
Bottom line he is here for six years so I hope he returns to norm and you can start enjoying his game. 

51 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Don't worry.  Chasfh guaranteed that we would love him.  Be patient.  😄

• Thanks 1