08/05/2022 7:10 EDT Tampa Bay Rays at Detroit Tigers

casimir

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

How many players from the 2022 team could play for the 1984 team?  

That has yet to be determined.

Unknown at this point.

And... seriously?

Guys are in their rookie or 2nd years and we're supposed to know if they can cut it on 1984 Tigers?

Sheesh... give it a couple more years because it's going to take that long to hash out all these young kids to see who swims (survives), thrives, or... sinks.

I mean... tell me what Riley Greene's career stats will be: RIGHT NOW!!!

31 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

That has yet to be determined.

Unknown at this point.

And... seriously?

Guys are in their rookie or 2nd years and we're supposed to know if they can cut it on 1984 Tigers?

Sheesh... give it a couple more years because it's going to take that long to hash out all these young kids to see who swims (survives), thrives, or... sinks.

I mean... tell me what Riley Greene's career stats will be: RIGHT NOW!!!

I am talking about 2022 and 1984.  I am not talking about 2025.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Haha 1

If you're gonna go as far to have Baddoo on the ML roster and getting ABs, why in the world can't Hinch move him up from the ninth spot for a spell and see what happens? What would be the worst thing that happens honestly at this point

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I am taking about 2022 and 1984.  I am not talking about 2025.  

Again...

Riley Greene is a ROOKIE. And you're trying to compare him to the 1984 Tigers.

So answer me this: Who amongst these Tigers was a rookie in 1984? Alan Trammell, Jack Morris, Dave Rozema, Dan Petry, Lou Whitaker, Kirk Gibson, Darrell Evans, Lance Parrish, Howard Johnson, Tom Brookens, Willie Hernandez, Chet Lemon, or Aurelio Lopez?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Again...

Riley Greene is a ROOKIE. And you're trying to compare him to the 1984 Tigers.

So answer me this: Who amongst these Tigers was a rookie in 1984? Alan Trammell, Jack Morris, Dave Rozema, Dan Petry, Lou Whitaker, Kirk Gibson, Darrell Evans, Lance Parrish, Howard Johnson, Tom Brookens, Willie Hernandez, Chet Lemon, or Aurelio Lopez?

I'm just talking about 2022 and 1984 (since the theme of the weekend is Lou Whitaker).

I am not attempting to dampen your optimism about the fantastic re-build in any way.   

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I'm just talking about 2022 and 1984 (since the theme of the weekend is Lou Whitaker).

I am not attempting to dampen your optimism about the fantastic re-build in any way.   

OK... gotcha...

So what you are asking is... which players in 2022 COULD be on the 1984 team... some day (if they show themselves to get to that level..).

Am I correct on that?

Just asking because now I think you are asking for a projection on these new kids...

Want me to make a list? 😉

:classic_biggrin:

PS: On that note: Did we have 4 starters or 5 starters in 1984 in a rotation?

Dave Rozema, Milt Wilcox, and sometimes Juan Berenguer?

Because I'm hoping we have a whole lot better pitching in our rotation than in 1984... so:

Mize, Manning, Skubal, Turnbull, Brieske, Rodriguez, Wentz (in the future of course... whoever survives the next coupla years...)