08/14/2022 2:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

casimir

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

In hindsight I believe the appropriate term is, reshuffle. This team did, does, and for the foreseeable future, will suck.

That's right.  The really don't have much to sell..................all that young pitching we've been so excited about?   Poof !   Every damn one of 'em.   

If they don't overall their trainers and conditioning staff then what are we even doing here.  This isn't just dumb luck here.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

The new rebuild for the Tigers has nothing to do with players.   The new rebuild should be about firing every single person involved with this team's scouting, drafting, developing and conditioning.   All of them.    Pay Theo to be your Headhunter. Give him whatever he wants.  Then hire the person he recommends and let that person flush it all.   It's almost as if you need to treat your non-player side of things as an expansion team, because other than the one-decade window when Mike was willing to spend money like he was printing it, this team has completely failed in ever aspect of baseball.     All you got is history and a great logo.   There is nothing else.  

28 minutes ago, 1776 said:

In hindsight I believe the appropriate term is, reshuffle. This team did, does, and for the foreseeable future, will suck.

Best case scenario for next year to me is if Riley / Spencer make significant strides (feel decent about Riley doing that, concerned about Spencer), Meadows comes back healthy and performs and somehow adding 2-3 2-WAR position players (would likely have to be through free agency, but trade market with young starters may be possible). 

But even with that plus better luck on the starting pitching side? Probably enough to get them back into the high 70s in wins, but hard to see much beyond that. But may put them in a position to compete on 2024.

They really can't do another rebuild, but it's not clear to me that they should or even want to. Between Chris and AJs comments, it seems like they want more to try to build off what they have as opposed to tearing down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1