9/28 @ 7:40 Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins

Tigeraholic1

4 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Nice game by Alexander. He has done better than Manning. 

Alexander is rounding into a back of the rotation guy that can keep you in a ballgame. That's nothing to sneeze at for a team that is down to only 2 starters who are a lock for next season. 

Nice to see Paredes hitting the ball to both sides. I know there are all kinds of knocks on his game but I still think he's going to have an MLB career somewhere.

18 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Yeah they begin the season in Oakland and Seattle. Wow. If history has any effect upon the present it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I hope he doesn't do it in Oakland, for starters Oakland fans are the worst and don't deserve to see something like that, for another they will probably be too drunk to even realize what is happening and that's assuming there's actually any people in the park. If he hits it on the road I would prefer for it to be at a place with knowledgeable and respectful fans and where you're going to see atleast close to a full house. 

I saw that the Cardinals won their 17th straight so I decided to look up longest win streaks in MLB history to see how it stacks up. Before doing so Oakland's from Moneyball obviously came to mind but I wanted to see besides that anyone has won this many and I saw that Cleveland won 22 in a row in 2017. I have no idea why I have absolutely no recollection of this. Perhaps cause most of it was in September of that year and I and most of us on here were too busy discussing the Verlander trade and us going in the tank to think about that but wow that caught me completely off guard when I saw that. Like I have ZERO memory of that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Alexander is rounding into a back of the rotation guy that can keep you in a ballgame. That's nothing to sneeze at for a team that is down to only 2 starters who are a lock for next season. 

Nice to see Paredes hitting the ball to both sides. I know there are all kinds of knocks on his game but I still think he's going to have an MLB career somewhere.

I think Paredes is quietly playing himself back into the second base position for next year at least until Tork makes the team and moves Schoop over. But them he could easily take Goodrums or Willie Castros roster spot on the 26. Spring Training will be huge for him and many others which is real progress.

7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw that the Cardinals won their 17th straight so I decided to look up longest win streaks in MLB history to see how it stacks up. Before doing so Oakland's from Moneyball obviously came to mind but I wanted to see besides that anyone has won this many and I saw that Cleveland won 22 in a row in 2017. I have no idea why I have absolutely no recollection of this. Perhaps cause most of it was in September of that year and I and most of us on here were too busy discussing the Verlander trade and us going in the tank to think about that but wow that caught me completely off guard when I saw that. Like I have ZERO memory of that. 

I think the Tigers lost 6 or 7 times to the Indians during that winning streak