08/19/2022 7:10 EDT Los Angeles Angels at Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 hour ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I’ll be at this one. Taking the gf and her dad to the game for Fiesta Tigres and he really wants to free hat giveaway. 

image.png.0e1450495e56ab3d1c39c5c13dbe59e8.png

Just make sure Ernie knows where you're from.  That way if you catch a foul fly ball, he can let folks know where you're from.

Edited by casimir

Only downside thus far for Manning is the only having two swings and misses on 56 pitches, he took a major leap in that department in his last start and I was hoping that would be a sign of things to come but it may just have been an outlier start. Still can't really argue with all the groundballs and the only blemish being the HR that just snuck fair. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Only downside thus far for Manning is the only having two swings and misses on 56 pitches, he took a major leap in that department in his last start and I was hoping that would be a sign of things to come but it may just have been an outlier start. Still can't really argue with all the groundballs and the only blemish being the HR that just snuck fair. 

Manning must've read this cause he just induced 4 on only 15 pitches in the 5th inning.

24 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Nothing but whiffs and weak contact the past few weeks, safe to say that Riley's been "Coolbaugh'd".

I remember reading how Ty Cobb would read the newspaper in dim candlelight on purpose to I guess work out his eyes. It might not hurt for the team to give it a whirl.

31 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Nothing but whiffs and weak contact the past few weeks, safe to say that Riley's been "Coolbaugh'd".

The hitting this year is the one reason I won't be all that upset if a new GM were to broom Hinch - not that I would expect Ilitch to eat his contract anyway. But I just don't see any signs that Hinch is bringing anything to the table in terms of getting this team out of its hitting funk. Maybe their going at it hammer and tongs and we don't see, or maybe they are but they are doing it all wrong. Whatever, for me right now it's as easy to believe Hinch is part of the problem as that he is part of a solution.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The hitting this year is the one reason I won't be all that upset if a new GM were to broom Hinch - not that I would expect Ilitch to eat his contract anyway. But I just don't see any signs that Hinch is bringing anything to the table in terms of getting this team out of its hitting funk. Maybe their going at it hammer and tongs and we don't see, or maybe they are but they are doing it all wrong. Whatever, for me right now it's as easy to believe Hinch is part of the problem as that he is part of a solution.

Exactly, why has Coolnaugh not been fired? Try to show your fan base you at least will hold someone accountable for their performance? Nobody has turned there season around or any kind of tangible improvement this year.

I don't listen or watch every broadcast but atleast from what I hear you never hear the announcers talk about Coolbaugh or what he is having a specific hitter work on. Like with previous coaches you'd often hear them say things like "Lloyd is having x working on doing y" or something to that effect. I never hear anything about the hitting or lack there of in regards to this regime. 

Edited by RandyMarsh