Queen Elizabeth II Dies at 96

Deleterious

1 minute ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I'm more Dom Draper about them...

I Feel Bad For You / I Don't Think About You At All | Know Your Meme

I sort of get why the UK cares but no idea why the rest of the world still does.  They are currently a topic in 3 different threads here at the moment.    They are like a less talented version of the Kardashians.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I sort of get why the UK cares but no idea why the rest of the world still does.  They are currently a topic in 3 different threads here at the moment.    They are like a less talented version of the Kardashians.  

Agreed. I feel the same way every time there is a "royal wedding". I don't understand all the hoopla. At least in this case she had been a very public figure for a long time.

21 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

I think it’s fine to admire QE, and think the rest of the family are duds. And not pay much attention to them, while respecting her.

I think that makes sense.  She is a remarkable woman with 70 years of service.  The last icon of a monarchy that has outserved its usefulness especially with the following generations.

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

I don't care about them as people but I'm into all the pageantry.  I like that kind of thing about anything.  The longest wedding I ever went to was an Orthodox one and it was great.

In all seriousness, you watch the Kardashians.  They are a more modern version of pageantry.  They are far more entertaining, attractive, successful, and of course self-made than the Windsor family ever will be.  

2 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Now watch, Charles has been waiting his whole adult life for this and passes before his coronation. That's a Monty Python skit.

If he does a silly walk during the coronation then I will do a complete 180 on my feelings for their stupid monarchy.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I think that makes sense.  She is a remarkable woman with 70 years of service.  The last icon of a monarchy that has outserved its usefulness especially with the following generations.

In all seriousness, you watch the Kardashians.  They are a more modern version of pageantry.  They are far more entertaining, attractive, successful, and of course self-made than the Windsor family ever will be.  

I've only seen one Kardashian video.

Maybe it was two.... I don't know.  

• Haha 3